1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Children do not eat properly!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by Lalithak, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Lalithak

Lalithak New IL'ite

Hai All,

This is lalitha.I have few doubts about food to my daughter.I was confused what type of food to i should
    give it to her.

I have 2 childrens both are girls and their birth weight was 1.25kg & 1.50kg. Now their ages are 6+,9 months.
    My first daughter is very poor eater.She does not even drink one glass of milk.

I want any suggetions about food and health. Her weight is now 15kgs.she is active in all other aspects like studies,playing etc..
    she shows intrest on things other than food.she will take some quantity of food and she says enough.

please give me your suggestions and diet plan also.I want to see my daughter to be a healthy eater.

Thanks in advance
    Lalitha.k

2. swathisayani

swathisayani New IL'ite

Interesting diet

Hai lalitha,
    i am swathi sayani. i am also having two boys of 10 and 9 years . In the initital years i got the same problem like you . i consulted a doctor too.
    If the children are having proprportinate growthwith their age there is no need to worry.
    do no see the quantity of food but concentrate on quality of nutrients you are giving.
    try to give their favourite food and ask about her interest before giving diet
    give small quantity of food for many times and it is better to include pulses,nuts, corn,fruits,vegetablesetc.
    my children also very thin but are healthy
    Don't worry about the weight if the child is healthy.
    :
    This is lalitha.I have few doubts about food toaughter.I was confused what type of food to i should
    give it to her.

I have 2 childrens both are girls and their birth weight was 1.25kg & 1.50kg. Now their ages are 6+,9 months.
    My first daughter is very poor eater.She does not even drink one glass of milk.

I want any suggetions about food and health. Her weight is now 15kgs.she is active in all other aspects like studies,playing etc..
    she shows intrest on things other than food.she will take some quantity of food and she says enough.

please give me your suggestions and diet plan also.I want to see my daughter to be a healthy eater.

Thanks in advance
    Lalitha.k[/quote]

3. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi

Actually u need not worry abt your childen's thinness if they are happy and healthy. But still you canalways give them fruit milkshakes nut milkshakes added with honey instead of sugar.

Make salads out of vegetables and sprouts. It is ok even if the rice intake is very less. But let it be supplemented by a lot of vegetables fruits and sprouts. Wherever u r make sure they get plenty of fresh air and atleast playing outside

4. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Posting some exciting recipies for kids

Hi Try them out and let me know. These are highly nutritious and I am sure your kids will love it. I have tried these which I am posting here.

With no stove-top cooking or chopping required, this frozen banana recipe is truly for children.
    Ingredients
    3 bananas
    Ice-cream sticks
    2 chocolate bars (you can use the Rs.10 dairy milk available in Indian shops)
    Directions
    Peel the bananas and remove any stringy fibers. Cut the bananas in half, widthwise, and push an ice-cream stick through the cut end of each half. Cover them in plastic wrap (these are available in all supermakets now in India itself) and freeze for about 3 hours.
    After the bananas are frozen, place the chocolate bars in a microwave-proof bowl and cook on High for about 2 minutes, or until the chocolate melts. If there is no microwave cook in a open pan over the stove in low flame. Check after one minute. Stir in the nuts, cereal, or coconut. Using a butter knife, spread the chocolate mixture over the frozen bananas to coat them completely. Kids can roll them in more topping, although this is messy!
    Rest the pops on a plate covered with waxed paper and freeze until ready to serve. Makes 6 pops

5. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Another one

This healthy snack is so thick and smooth, your kids might insist on renaming it banana ice cream.
    Ingredients
    2 bananas 5 to 10 whole strawberries
    1/4 cup ripe mango or apple according to the season
    1/2 cup milk
    Directions
    Peel the bananas, slice them into one-inch chunks, and place them in a sealable plastic bag. Wash and stem the strawberries mango and apples slices and place them in the bag, too. Seal the bag and freeze for 3 hours.
    Place the frozen fruits in a blender or the bowl of a food processor. (If they are frozen too solid, let them defrost slightly). Add the milk and puree or process until the mixture is smooth and thick. Pour into a bowl or mug and serve immediately with spoons.
    Makes 2 servings.

6. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

A spl potato dish

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 border=0><TD align=middle bgColor=#ffaa66><CENTER>[SIZE=+1]Stuffed Baby Potatoes[/SIZE] </CENTER>
    Ingredients:
    3 boiled large baby potatoes
    1 tsp. each grated carrot, onion, cabbage, corn
    2 tsp. butter
    1 tsp. cheese grated
    2 tbsp. white sauce recipe (refer recipe in index)
    6 slices stuffed olive rings (optional)
    salt to taste
    Method:
    1. Peel potatoes is desired.
    2. Cut into even halves, scoop out a portion in centre carefully.
    3. Brush halves with butter, keep aside.
    4. Heat remaining butter in pan, add vegetables, stirfry till tender.
    5. Add scooped shreds of potatoes, salt, white sauce, and stir.
    6. Stir and cook till thick.
    7. Pile a portion of mixture in and over each scooped hollow of potato halves.
    8. Garnish with a slice of olive and cheese as desired.
    9. Bake in a preheated oven (180C) for 4-5 mins or till cheese melts.
    10. Serve hot with with a slice of wheat bread.
    Making time: 15 minutes
    Makes: 6 halves

7. Lalithak

Lalithak New IL'ite

Thanks rajmiarun,
    I am very happy i got good responce from u. I try this and i will inform u later wheather she like it or not.I hope this is a good change.
    Thanks once again.:wave

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2006