1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Help needed- !!!- reg: Weight loss!

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by anusarama, Jul 7, 2013.

1. anusarama

anusarama Senior IL'ite

Hi all! I am new on the IL forum! But I had been reading the posts for quite some time now. I am 26 yrs old and i weigh 97 kg. I am 5 ft tall. I have always been obese. A few months back- I had started a specific diet and workout plan which I have been following sincerely. To be specific- since Jan-2013. But there has been no change in my weight whatsoever! To give the general idea- here's my routine:
    I wake up at 5:45 am.
    6:30 to 7:45 am-- Swimming. (before I swim- I take one glass of methi water)
    8 am- 5 black pepper and 3 almonds
    8:30 am- 2 idlis and sambhar
    11:00 am- 1 apple
    1:00 pm- 1 chapatti, 1 bowl sabji, 1 bowl dhal, 1 bowl sundal (which is basically sprouts or other kinds of dhal or chana), 1 bowl raita, 1 cup butter milk
    5 pm- 1 cup of coffee
    8:30 pm- 1 bowl of soup

Help that I require:

Since I have to go to office-- I cannot add any workout in the afternoons.
    I need to find out if there is physically wrong with me- coz- I hoped to lose at least 1 kg! I dont have thyroid or any other problem with my periods or anything...
    If any other diet could be added or modify- pls suggest me...
    Also-- I have a problem with my back- so I cannot walk or jog or lift anything heavy for a long time. This is why I chose swimming- which has so far been very good for me- I feel active throughout the day and sleep well at night. But no change in weight though!
    Any good dietitian in chennai- whom you have known???

PLS PLS PLS help me!

2. glascobaby

glascobaby Silver IL'ite

hi anu,

I am also sailing over the same boat, whereas after delivery my weight have been increased too much now. Seriously, wanna work on to shed my weight down....

Wish to join hands with u and track down our improvements.

I had an experience of bringing the weight down before marriage with so much of diet and gym work out..it worked. Again i have to start now....

To my insight, as we have so much of weight, it definitely need some more time for our muscles to get compress and react on. Dont loose hope or brood over.

Your diet chart seems good. Try to cut down sugar, chocolates (if any), biscuits .....

And can you do me a favour....I wish to join with a swimming classes , do you have any suggestions about that...

keep up :)

3. mathiravi

mathiravi Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Anu, glasco,

There are a lot of weight loss threads that are happening in IL.. Remember, what ever we gained, we didn't gain over night. Similarly, we cannot lose them over nit too..
    Do not loose hope.

Anu, when your thyroid levels are normal and you do a amazing exercise of swimming, which will definitely burn a huge of calories, you will be able to loose your pounds easily. Some of the IL friends are working women with small kids and are also able to assign a time for their workouts. Join some of the threads and all our wonderful IL friends, will be motivating you.. I was 96.1 kegs when I started my weight loss in feb 2013 .. I am a part of the weightloss friends group 2013 and lost 11 kegs. I weigh 85 kegs now.. And still trying to lose some more .

You girls will be inspired by many of the weight loss success stories and be motivated to loose weight..
    A few changes to your routine will be able to make you to shake your weight..all the best in a healthy weight loss...

1 person likes this.
  4. anusarama

anusarama Senior IL'ite

U can go to vv international. They r good. I learnt there and am a member. ..

1 person likes this.
  5. anusarama

anusarama Senior IL'ite

Thanks glasco and mathi ... for the support. ..
    Was a bit depressed whn there was absolutely no change in weight even after 6 months

6. crazyqueen

crazyqueen Silver IL'ite

Adding my 2 cents... take lemon and honey in warm water in the morning. Green tea at night with cinnamon powder added.

Also try to drink this flavoured water-
    take 3 lemon(sliced), a handfull of mint, cinnamon - put this in 1 litre of water and keep in fridge for 2 days and drink it whenever u wanna drink water. if u cannot carry water ur work place, drink this 1 litre wen u r in house.

whatever I have suggested will help u to increase ur digestion and ur metobolism thus adds its value in reducing weight.
    try reading Shivachoubey's blog here in IL.. U'll surely get motivated and will get more tips.

Also, dont keep worrying that u have to loose wieght.. U'll receive wat u think.. if u think U have to loose weight.. then U'll have to loose more weight(u'll gain and u may need to loose more weight).. have positive thought always... Put up ur target weight everywhere u can see and U'll get motivated... imagine urself in as a thin girl... U r made out of ur thoughts.... (Sorry for this lecturing)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  7. anusarama

anusarama Senior IL'ite

WOW crazyqueen... those were real good suggestions... I will try it out!! Thanks a ton!!

8. glascobaby

glascobaby Silver IL'ite

Thank you anu dear...will soon inquire there...

9. NutritionDiva

NutritionDiva Junior IL'ite

Hi

You are eating healthy but not the right way. I am an indian lifestyle coach. Here is what I would suggest:

545 (before swimMing and on rising) 1 fruit (any)
    8am/830: have ur iddli and sambhar (eat until ur 80% full)
    1030: nariyal paani with malai
    1230/1: 2 chapatti/green sabzi and daal
    3pm: glass buttermilk
    5pm: have ur coffee and have handful of unsalted peanuts or 8 almonds
    730/8: paneer+ daal or daal+ sabzi or mushroom stirfry

If hungry before bed...have glass of milk and can add kesar if u like.