1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hair removing techniques

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by chocolate, Dec 27, 2007.

1. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

I wanted to know whether there are any home remedies to facial hair.i tried with turmeric and had a huge outbreak of pimples hence cant use that. US based hence tried spending money on good hair removers didnt help. Any help.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007

2. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    i hope there is not a quick remedy for facial hair but you can bleach it through honey and lemon,that also takes a while to bleach but use it continuously..also you can add semolia with the mixture,apply and leave it for sometime..after sometime just massage in a circular manner with your fingers to get rid off small hairs..this method also takes time but you have to be patient...iam trying this method only at home..

3. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the tip. My facial hairs are thick and not fine. In India i used to visit the beauty parlour regularly and take care of it. Here I am not able to do it regularly and was looking for something to do at home. I tried sally hansen wx strips and it didnt work that well. Also a facial hair remover razor . It made it coarse and thicker growth. I am thinking of trying Nair.Any inputs.

4. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

hi,
    veet wax strips for facial hair is very good!!...and Nair works great for hands!! but please do not use general wax or wax strips for your face as it may damage or loosen your face skin..So,use wax strips that are specifically made for face..i used veet wax strips that are good...but you have to be continuous when using wax strips on your face...

5. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Hi Riya,

:thankyou2: for your tips friend ... Suni :)

6. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

you are welcome suni

7. hopeforgood

hopeforgood New IL'ite

Chocolate

just a suggestion...please do not try to use wax strips of any kind on face as it will loosen or sag the skin and its tough to tighten the skin back again...I have not used the veet strips which were suggested by rya..so no idea about them though..

however lemon juice with honey, almonds peele and made a paste of in milk, cucumber juice with a little bit of turmeric applied regularly help a lot in lightening the hairs on the skin and for a glowing skin...

one good remedy always suggested by our moms is...every week try to apply besan, haldi and milk mixed into a paste..first massage your body/face with some almond or coconut oil and then apply this paste and when it is dried try to rub the excess of the paste off...it just drops off as powder..(in telugu it is called nalugu)...this helps a lot in removing the body hair or face hair....and also gives soft smooth supple skin..if we find time this always works..try it..

8. spilaus

spilaus New IL'ite

what is the proportion of lemon, honey and semolina...do you rub in circular motion after it has dried completely on your skin or while it is still a little wet?