job searching in h1 ..

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by Padma3, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Dreams

Dreams Junior IL'ite

Hey Padma and master3

I am also trying for job in Cognos,I got my H1 this year(Oct 2007).

2. Padma3

Padma3 New IL'ite

hi dreams and master ..

hope we can share together our interview experience..how was the technical interviews and how is the openings at your side?moderate or slow ..are you guys focusing on reportnet or cognos 7 series ..etc .we can share any useful topics regarding our interview's .

3. hopeforgood

hopeforgood New IL'ite

Hey girls...

My personal opinion is unless your employer totally ignores you and doesnt look for placements at all dont leave the employers...as we all know the current market is down...hardly people are getting back any calls...there are few job posting..and after applying we get few calls only...and out of those few calls...our resume gets submitted to few clients..out of those few clients someone has to call us..so think to what % it breaks down to when we think about calls from the company for interview...we have to work on turning out each and every call we get into an opportunity...

if you are planning to shift to a different employer look at what he is offering..any job training and 100% placement..if he is not able to place you any stiphend he is going to give etc???..right now as far as i know all the employers are sailing in the same boat as there are less job opportunities coming to market..

might be a small suggestion is..incase if u can afford to..dont put any location constraint...that way you can start your job immediately as you are willing to relocate anywhere and after you join the job you can start looking for opportunities and coming back to teh city where you want to work...(we really have to struggle alot till we get a good project to keep our feet down and give them rest...)
    good luck...

4. Padma3

Padma3 New IL'ite

thx for ur suggestion hopeforgood .. yes I am open to any location , and since market is down .. i am trying my best to make every call to make it an offer ..still trying and also looking for a new consultant who can help me in recruitements(jus searching few consultants here in US)

5. hopeforgood

hopeforgood New IL'ite

Padma

One of my friends who are working on cognos has recently completed project and were looking for a project since past 3 months...they are not able to find one as the clients are asking for mix of everything like SAP with cognos etc...but finally after 3 months they got a project..so keep looking and prepare well for the interviews...look at this site..www.geekinterview.com...hope it helps in interview questions ...you can also post your questions and prepare for other exams..good luck to all of you

6. Aana

Aana New IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

I am also sailing in the same boat.

I am in java,j2ee. I am searching job for the past four months very hardly.
    but I cant find one. I am very much frustrated.
    what to do next I dont know. My resume is in dice and monster.
    I am getting many vendor calls. but no client call.No interview has been scheduled till now. I am so much worried about my situation.
    Is this because of job market? I dont know.

Please let me know what are the further steps could I can take regarding my job.
    Please help me out.

Thanks,
    Aana

7. Kodavati

Kodavati Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I am sailing in the same boat as all of you.
    Applied for H1 Visa in 2007 and got it.
    I have been searching for a DotNet job and it's been six months now that i started this search.
    I have attended a few interviews and what's happening is that:all of them give the feedback as good but no oppurtunity knocks.
    It is frustating but i am trying my best not to loose hope and keep trying.

Request to all the working women out there .

If any of you knows any position open in their companies please do let me know.
    I would be really greatful.:bowdown

8. Aana

Aana New IL'ite

Hi Kodavati,

I am also in the same position as like you.

I have got selected in two interviews last month.
    But they didnt notified me regarding the start date of mine.
    So again I started the same process.
    But till now no interviews has been scheduled
    I am also frustrated.

But I am hoping for the best.

Thanks,
    Aana

9. Padma3

Padma3 New IL'ite

hi Aana and kodavati , how much years of experience you put ? all the best for the job hunt guys , i am trying to be motivated till I find one .lets hope for the best

10. Aana

Aana New IL'ite

Hi Padma3,

I have added six yrs of experience. How much experience have you added in your resume?

Thanks
    Aana