1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dull skin

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by sankita, Nov 21, 2011.

1. sankita

sankita New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I'm 21yrs old. But I have a dull skin. I'm using FAIR N LOVELY from the beginning itself. please suggest me the right beauty cream and some skin care remedies:hiya...

my skin color is medium but dull. please suggest!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2011

2. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

hi sankita...

i so understand your dilemma. I too had dull skin which lacked lustre. I dont know how far fair and lovely is helping you- but what i did and which worked for me was- saying no to these fairness creams...

I started applying malai on my face (early morning, i wake up, apply malai and do the chores and wash it off in an hour). After that I apply a moisture rich cream (not sure if we can mention brands here) and then in the evenings (usually its very alternate evening) I make a face pack with haldi, ground almonds and sandal wood powder and keep this on my face for 20 mins. Along with this I steam and scrub my face regularly...

try this for atleast 15 days and tell me if it has any difference.

I feel more than using a drying fairness cream, try to hydrate and moisten up your skin and that will look wonderful!!! and of course you know the importance of diet, exercise and stress levels on your skin...

wishing you a lovely skin!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. manali86

manali86 Senior IL'ite

- Cucumber is considered as a natural ingredient for cleansing the skin and open the pores. Mash a cucumber with a fork and add a tsp of multani mitti, rose water and honey. Apply this homemade face pack on the face and neck and wash with cold water after 15 minutes.

- The banana and yogurt face pack is easy to make. Just mash a ripe banana and add yogurt. You can add few drops of honey and lemon juice to cleanse the face. Lemon is considered as a natural bleach for the face. Apply this paste on the face and neck. Leave it to dry and then rinse with cold water.

- Honey is a good moisturiser as it firms (tightens) the skin as well as enhance the complexion. It is also a good wrinkle eradicator. Adding a pinch of cardamom to honey will add fragrance and prevent acne.

- Mix a tablespoon of honey and turmeric and apply this face mask on your face. Leave it for 15 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. You can also add milk to moisturize the skin. This homemade face mask will cleanse the skin and whiten it.

Regards,
    Manali

4. JothiSaravanan

JothiSaravanan New IL'ite

I too have used Malai and grounded Almonds on my skin and noticed fresh, soft and glowing skin.

5. divinair

divinair New IL'ite

Hi Dear,

I am a skin care consultant practising since last few years.

I can suggest you one brand artistry.. it is a super premium brand . It is organic and mild with no side effects.

If you follow a daily regime of using the Cleanser, toner and moisturiser you will see the results fast. Soap is not meant for face as it does only superficial cleaning

I can help you out with the products suitable for your skin .

Regards
    Divya

6. CharanAG

CharanAG New IL'ite

hi friends,

i am also having the same problem. would like to try this. By the way, what is malai? My skin is very dry. suggest me a good moisturizer also.

7. helenwlsn5

helenwlsn5 New IL'ite

Fair and lovely is not going to help you anyways..The natural remedies mentioned above are really helpful. Thanks a lot for sharing !!

8. hina321

hina321 New IL'ite

its an old post butv still would like to add some info.. try oatmeal mask with honey nd lemon,, its too gud for brightening ur skin

9. hina321

hina321 New IL'ite

powder milk with rose water almonds honey and lemn is gud too