How to convince 39 year old husband for second baby?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by arv217, Jul 4, 2013.

1. arv217

arv217 Senior IL'ite

I am 32 years old and I want to have another baby so my kid can have a companion. But my husband is so reluctant and blames his age and my mild asthma for not to have another child. My instincts say that I should go ahead. But how to convince my husband. Are there others who had their children so late.

2. hotchillipepper

hotchillipepper Gold IL'ite

I had asthma and delivered baby. my sister has 34 when she had her 2nd child. Having right age is excellent but not having right age is not hindrance.

3. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

try to talk to him how important it is to have at least 2 children. You are away from your family and once all grown up your child will have no companion or sibling to share things with. Siblings add another dimension to learning and life experiences.
    Does he have a sibling???

1 person likes this.
  4. arv217

arv217 Senior IL'ite

He has a sibling but his sibling was brought up by their grandmom in a different city. So, practically he has grown up like an only child and says there are no issues being an only. Even now, the siblings have only a very formal talk and nothing deeper. He is more worried about his age that a guy is too old to have another child at 39.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  5. april1981

april1981 Gold IL'ite

Hi
    trust me, you and I are in the same boat. I am 32 years and my husband is 40 years. Many of his friends told him not to go for a baby since it is late. But It is never the right time.He got married at 30 so he will also have kids late. I already have a 8 year old daughter and trying for a second child since 5 months.

So its better if you start trying now because there is no guarantee that it will click in the first try itself. I feel that it is easy to conceive the first baby but the second takes it own sweet time to come.
    You should definitely go in for a second one since the elder one needs a sibling. I told my husband to try earlier and he refused. This time I gave him an ultimatum if it is this year or never. We are still trying...

How old is your first born

2 people like this.
  6. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

If his age is his only concern than a trip to your Dr. should clear his mind. I would go to the Dr. alone first to have a talk about his doubts and then bring him so that Dr. can clear those doubts. all the best

7. arv217

arv217 Senior IL'ite

april1981, Wishing you very good luck! My kid is now 4 years old.
    Doctor visit is a very good idea. I will try that.

8. padmaja909

padmaja909 Platinum IL'ite

dear

39 and 32 is not an old age. Its a good age for second baby. you definetly should have second baby. doctor will definitely convince your husband about this. Please go-ahead. our blessings are with u.