1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Skin care tips before/after swimming

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by blackbeauty84, Jun 29, 2013.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Hi All,
    Can you let me know the skin care tips I should follow after swimming? Going to be a first time swimmer and I have a clear and soft skin till now. I'm very much worried about skin damage because of swimming. Can you let me know the precautions I need to take?
    Thanks.

2. Aruna972

Aruna972 Bronze IL'ite

Hi!!! While swimming is a wonderful way to tone your body, the same cannot be said for the skin. Once you start swimming, you need to take a lot of care for your skin. Immediately after the swim, your skin will feel dry due to the chlorine content in the pool. Key is to take bath in like warm water after a good exfoliating scrub. This will open the pores in your skin. After the bath, apply a good moisturizer. Alternatively, in the middle of your bath, apply coconut oil all over your body and then pour 2 more mugs of water on yourself. This way, the smell of the oil will wash away and you will be left with a soft feeling skin. Your skin will be rejuvenated. Am sure you will feel awesome!!!

3. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the tips Aruna :)

Ever since I started swimming, my skin has become dark. Is it just coincidence or does it happen?

4. MarkHerry

MarkHerry New IL'ite

Nice tips Aruna. I am happy to read your post. I am also a swimmer so i think these tips will be useful for me after or before swimming. Skin is very sensitive thing and needs lot of care so these tips are good.