Need info pls.

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by sanravi_1970, Jun 29, 2013.

1. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi

I am planning to evaluate through WES. And as known they wanted copies to be attested by our university. I asked my mom to take my copies to madras university but they said they wanted me to send them a letter from local (US) notary. Have anyone faced this, if so what kind of letter is that? Need info sooner pls.. Thanks .

2. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

No body has any ideas? Or nobody has faced it?

3. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

WES ought to have a cover letter that you fill up. It usually has fields about why you need the transcripts and your app reference number etc. That should serve. If not, write a cover letter explaining why you need the notarized transcripts, have that cover letter notarized here in the US and send it to your mom.

4. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi Dhaanika

Finally a reply after many views! Thanks!

Yes I did fill that application form and sent,but still they were asking me to get a letter from notary. I don't know what they wanted,bcos my mom couldn't understand what they said,so just told me that they wanted the letter from notary. so I was confused what to get from the notary. May be a cover letter as you said would do good. Have you done like this?
    Thanks again. :)

5. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

Alternately, if your mother had the original transcripts, they may have meant for her to make copies and get the copies notarized by showing the originals. Govt. officials are able to do that, but that's not what you want. Maybe, try explaining to them that you need the transcripts notarized by university and signed and sealed at the Uni.

If it isn't clear what they need, and your mum has a cell phone, call her when she is at the Uni and ask to speak with the Uni person on that cell phone... maybe that will make things clearer.

I did all this a very long time back and don't exactly remember the details...

6. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Dhaanika.
    They say that they have done these kind of attestations before, so i believe they understand what we want..but they are asking us to get a notary letter,maybe bcos I have the originals with me here!

7. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

Ah. In that case I'd write a cover letter, make copies of the transcripts, and take them both with my originals to a notary here in the US. Show them (uni. In India) the notarized copies so they can issue copies to you mum. Although they really should just issue transcripts without the acrobatics because they possess the original records.

8. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Ya Dhaanika, that's what I thought too. Thank you so much. Hope it works :)