1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Vaasthu while buying house in USA.

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Sweettooth, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Sweettooth

Sweettooth Bronze IL'ite

Dear Ilites,

We are thinking of buying a house in US. I don't know how to go about with the vaasthu while buying the house :drowning

We had taken in to consideration of that while buying in india( hired a professional). Here i have not much idea how to go about it. One of thing i know is having a staircase facing the front door is not good. However most of the houses i come across have stairs right across main door :bonk

If any of you guys have considered vaasthu what are the things that you looked for/watched out for while buying house. I really appreciate it.

Thanks much in advance

2. sweetgirl9

sweetgirl9 Senior IL'ite

Don't think houses here in usa are constructed with vasthu in mind. its better to go with utility and funtionality.

3. nileleo

nileleo New IL'ite

It took us almost 1 yr to find a house that was vasthu perfect.My father in law is an expert in vastu so we took his advise.these were the things that we were looking for
    #house should either be north facing or east facing (south facing house was a big no no)
    #plot or the land on which house is built should have 4 corners (some of the corner houses have more that 4 corners)
    #cooking stove and kitchen sink should not be opposite to each other
    #stove should be in such a place that while cooking person should either face north or east
    #Master bedroom should be in the south side
    #backyard should be bigger than the front lawn

we gave this list to our Realtor and he use to send us property details,I use to watch photos and then we use to go see the house draw a map send it to my fater in law.

best thing for you would be to go in for new construction homes that way you can tell the builder about your liks and dislikes.

All the best for your house hunt.