How to get a software testing job in UAE

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by cutebarbie, Mar 24, 2013.

1. cutebarbie

cutebarbie Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

I have 2.5 years of experience in software testing.. I worked in a MNC company in India.. I got married and shifted to sharjah a year back.. Since then I am trying for jobs in dubai / Sharjah..but I am not able to get one.. People say that IT is not good in gulf or very less s/w testing jobs in uae.. but I am sure there are so many s/w testing professionals working in dubai / sharjah as s/w testers and analysts.

Can anybody please suggest me how to get a job here.. can you guys tell me about some good consultancies??

I have a 10 months gap in my career now.. :(

Life without job is very much painful here.. Hope someone helps me..

Kindly do me a favor

2. cutebarbie

cutebarbie Silver IL'ite

Views 27.. But not even a single reply :(
    Why no one is responding when ever a query regarding getting a job is asked????!!!!
    Why nobody is willing to help others..??
    Its so frustrating..

3. cutebarbie

cutebarbie Silver IL'ite

Anybody there to help me??

4. yamusarna

yamusarna Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Can you approach through Job consultants. Else you can try work from home jobs site.
    All the best in your job hunt.Wish you all success

5. Aliya123

Aliya123 New IL'ite

Hi,

I can understand your problem since I am also going through the same situation. I have 2 years of experience in software testing. Had to quit the job since I was getting married and moving to Saudi Arabia. Since then,I have been applying for jobs in sites like Bayt,Gulftalent etc but hav'nt got any results so far. I feel so frustrated sitting at home and always blame my husband for he is the reason I had to quit my job :p I was thinking uae might have lots of opportunities for software testers compared to Saudi Arabia.
    Anyways the only option is to apply for jobs online(I have been doing it since I quit my job in India. and no results yet :( ) Please let me know if you find any useful sites as well as any job vacany :D

6. RashedMohamed

RashedMohamed New IL'ite

Hi,

Please read the following instructions carefully, if you really want to hunt the job in UAE with good salary package.

When applying for a job or submitting your resume to a company, you need to understand how you appear to the reader. Because you are an IT Professional, the interview selection process is even more challenging in UAE. Simply speaking, the higher you are on the org chart, the harder it is to turn a job application into an interview. Time is money and the people that would need to spend time reading your resume and interviewing you simply have less time.

It is important that your ability to manage people and day-to-day business shows effectively on your resume. While your resume cannot completely articulate your personality and management style, from what we can see it appears that there is work to be done to successfully represent your IT management skills to the reader.

Because you are an experienced IT Professional, hiring managers will want to understand if you have been put in challenging circumstances and how you've prevailed. Does your resume demonstrate a calm personality and/or show that you can be flexible and democratic? Does it portray you as someone that others can look to for direction? It is very difficult to be able to blend in all of your leadership qualities into a couple of pages, but it is important to look at your resume and assess it in this light. Subtle improvements can easily catch someone’s eye but it takes skill to catch the eye of management with their short attention span. We would encourage you to read through your resume with this in mind.

In the end, I would like to encourage you to have your professional written resume first and that Essays.AE - Your Regional Essay Customization Bureau is a great website of UAE providing their writing services to those job seekers and students living in UAE.
    Contact with Essays.AE - Your Regional Essay Customization Bureau

Good Luck!

EnlightenedSoul likes this.
  7. shagydeep

shagydeep Bronze IL'ite

Hello,
    I want to help you but i don't have any referance in Sharjah. So i just can say do keep searching and you will get fine job...

8. shalinijosephin

shalinijosephin New IL'ite

Hi ,

Iam shalini , i worked for dubai islamic bank via fides technologies for 8 months contract in dubai as manual tester. After that iam looking for software testing job in sharjah/dubai. If you are working presently kindly help me to find job in s/w testing.

Regards,
    Shalini Josephine

9. pranalirasheel

pranalirasheel New IL'ite

hi,
    Please help if you are aware about testing openings. I am Pranali with 5+ years of experience in software testing. Shifted to Dubai Marina just before 5 months.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  10. mousumi123

mousumi123 New IL'ite

Hi,

Please help me if there is any opening for software testing.I am Mousumi with 5 years of experience in software testing.I am currently staying in Sharjah.I left my job and moved to UAE after my husband moved here.Since then I am applying for jobs on many job sites but all in vain.