1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

While getting or changing a refill gas cylinder,.................

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by mahesaran, May 29, 2013.

1. Telja

Telja Silver IL'ite

One more thing to add in this is some times the cylinder comes only fitted with cap( a white color plastic cap with small iron rods in middle).Always ensure that cylinder should be sealed with one plastic laminated over the cap.Its to ensure that its sealed.Sometimes they sell half filled gas and not sealed.Could be used by some other ppl and they deliver again.

Always better to get it installed by delivery boy itself and wait a minute before paying the bill to ensure no leakage.And if any leakage comes open all windows so that gas goes out.

Before sleeping Offf the regulator it will help if any small amount of gas leakage as weell,

These are ffew more points regarding gas cylinder :)

3 people like this.
  2. mahesaran

mahesaran IL Hall of Fame

Thank you rk for the cleaning tips of the burners.

3. Priyaram170

Priyaram170 Silver IL'ite

Very informative Mahe , Thank you :)

1 person likes this.
  4. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

useful tips,thanks for sharing.

1 person likes this.
  5. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

This month, when we tried to change the cylinder there was a small problem. The regulator refused to fit back in. It was just not locking. and there was a peculiar smell. We immediately called the helpline...Would you like to know the reply we got?

We were told that someone would contact us in TWO HOURS and also that on Sundays this number does not function!!! My DH gave this guy a piece of his mind, luckily someone came in an hour and realized that the washer was faulty and replaced it for us. This is just to share with you all ladies that sometimes these agencies can act funny. What if there is a leak or anything else....can we wait for two hours?

Anyway, we decided that hereafter when we get a new cylinder we will even ask the guy to fit our regulator on it and make sure there is no problem!

6. meenakshirajan

meenakshirajan Silver IL'ite

Very useful. Thanks for sharing.

1 person likes this.
  7. vathsala30

vathsala30 Platinum IL'ite

i too had the same experience. few months back i replaced the cylinder and put the milk on it and went to take bath. by chance hubby entered the kitchen and heared the hissing noise and informed me, i thought it is from milk cooker so asked him to ignore, but again and again he kept complaining tht the sound is from the cylinder only. I asked him to turn off the stove and also regulator, After finishing the bath i checked . To my shock after closing the stove also sound is coming from the cylinder, so i disconnected the cylinder and put the cap and called the emergency cell but they took their own time and came at 2 pm after repeated calls, and the boy checked and replaced the washer inside the cylinder. but took the tips . From tht day onwards i will be very careful and keep checking the stove till i turn off the cylinder

1 person likes this.
  8. vidu24

vidu24 Silver IL'ite

Thanks for the valuable Information friends. Very informative and helpful.

1 person likes this.
  9. varhem

varhem IL Hall of Fame

i have had this experience.So i always ask the cylinder guy to check the washer.

1 person likes this.