1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Away from DH for past 7mnths.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by saami99, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Bts

Bts Junior IL'ite

Hey

Truly emphatise with your situation. You are trying to balance your duty / responsibility and your own happiness. I guess there is no ready made solution at all. Me too somewhat in same boat. Good luck dear and hope things work out well for you

2. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

Saami,

Ok now you are saying that your husband trying to help your SIL's and the finacial problem is not for your family but for your SIL's.In that case you guys can negaotiate with your SIL's to take care of there parents.
    How many own kids your MIL has?

See here we can't give advise that your BIL's should take care of your IL's.Whatever there position each person is different.Sometimes own kids itself not intereted to take care of there parents.

If you don't want to do this then just tell your husband that you want to join him and you don't have to be good to him and he will see for other alternatives or your Inlaw's may manage by themselves.Who knows.

3. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

Saami, I can say, you have heart of gold, not to generalise but there are many women who would not take your role, your DH is very lucky to find you.

The only option I see is your DH relocating back to India, as his health is also issue so not to live alone and you and he cannot leave your inlaws alone by themselves too. Other than that the short term depression and other distance issues , he can try and take a break and travel to you for a month or so, and so that you all can see each other, and then he can plan his Indian relocation

I read that you saying your DH cannot come as he has other responsibilities towards his sister and their kids, I dont understand, to me there looks no solution, your SIL cannot relocate, your in laws cannot relocate, your DH cannot relocate, you cannot relocate to US as they are alone, your BIL dont want to take care, so what is that one can think of? I really feel sad for the state you are in, May God help

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  4. maggi99

maggi99 Senior IL'ite

You are such a sweet lady.

Huggs.

May god bless u

5. mrsfrank

mrsfrank New IL'ite

Hi saami,

Hats off to you for your generosity and kindness! Right now, both you and ur hubby are going thru a temporary difficult phase, true. You need to discuss with ur hubby and inlaws and find a feasible solution. Like you can get some full time help around the house or your hubby can try and relocate to brdge the emotional gap.

But all said and done, I feel God will definitely bless you for what you are doing and you have a happy and blessed future. Hugs to you! You spread love and cheer to the people around. You really will be loved a lot in return.

6. Anabika

Anabika Silver IL'ite

I can't stop myself from writing reply to this post though I don't have any solutions. As other mentioned, you have a heart of Gold. Not all women can do this. I salute you for this and you will be rewarded for this.

Anabika

7. saami99

saami99 New IL'ite

Hi Guys,
    At last I'm with my husband in US past 8mnths.My father in law passed away in 2010.
    THANK YOU Guys.

8. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Great to hear an old member coming back and giving a positive follow up information....!

9. Billygoat

Billygoat Silver IL'ite

Which also begs the question, what happened to the poor mother-in-law? who is she with now?

10. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saami99 Sister,

:welcome Back

Sorry to hear about your FIL's demise, Glad you have joined your Dh by BABA's grace. Thanks for the update, Happy to hear from you

Enjoy coming here and May BABA bless your family in abundance with happiness always, Sairam, Best Wishes.