1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

That Moment When my sight caught him!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Priyaram170, Apr 26, 2013.

1. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

I loved the way you narrated. I could put myself in that situation. It was brave of you to travel alone.

My husband left me on 11 th day of our wedding (19 years ago) to join his work at Mumbai, when we had not even had a chance of being alone, without knowing when we would meet again. Almost his face even had come vague in my memory, since we had arranged marriage, no courtship, no photo exchanges. Against my in-law's wishes I was very adamant to go and meet him., made my dad accompany me to Bombay by train. Train was 6 hours late. When we met also we didn't talk to each other, it was like I was seeing him for the first time. It took some years for me to reconcile, though he did all he could within his limits. But after that we never left each other. I resigned my job, accompanied his foreign trips.

Regards
    Manjukps

2 people like this.
  2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

What a moment Priya...could really understand the feelings of you both.
    Smooth narration..your courage paid off in the end..:thumbsup:
    There is a will there is a way...in other words, if there is courage, there is a way, isn't it! :)

Sriniketan

1 person likes this.
  3. Priyaram170

Priyaram170 Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lott AnandChitra :) I know it always feels good when someone appreciates ur that extra effort and I am happy u too had those wonderful moments to cherish. Even now I feel those goosebumps on my hands when i recall that moment. :)

4. Priyaram170

Hiiiii iyerviji!!!!

I always loved your posts, I was always silent reader once in a while i have commented too :) I dint leave my son aunty , Its just that I made him sit in the luggage trolley (the front small gap, where he easily sat in) and walked along with them. The planning,execution and the drama in in-laws house all boosted and those stories I'll definetly share in my future posts :) Anyways Thanks for ur comment :)

5. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Such a lovely experience..feels happy to even read this,i can imagine your state of mind:)Enjoy life dear...

1 person likes this.
  6. Priyaram170

Very True Sriniketan :)
    I definetly had no will after making out the way i dunno from where i had that will to reach Dubai :)

1 person likes this.
  7. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

aaawwwww that was soooo romantic.... and sooo very daring too!! the expression on your DHs face would have been priceless!!

Totally enjoyed your wonderful narration :)

1 person likes this.
  8. pari80

pari80 Silver IL'ite

Priyaram,

Wow!!! So Romantic. I can definitely relate to emotions in your and your DH's heart.
    I still remember day when my DH ( than bf) surprise me on my birthday after 2 years being away from each other . I was not expecting him for another 5 days and he ended up surprising me on my birthday. That has been my best birthday gift. Feelings and emotions in those moments can't be described in words truely.

Wish you very good luck !!!!

1 person likes this.
  9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Priyaram,

This post of your's was nominated to FP of the month by Anandchitra, Congratulations!

Yes, our Ac has the acumen to find some of the most interesting and meaningful posts and bring it to everyone's attention and I must say she did do us all a favor by nominating your snippet for like she says, it is all too rare to find such an absolutely happy snippet that put an instant smile on the reader's face!

I personally know how difficult it is to plan such an elaborate surprise for your loved one and I too am glad that your dear hubby has a strong heart, bless him, for it is really a shock when a certain dream becomes true in a most unexpected way. This will always be etched in your memories and I am sure it will remain as the most special birthday you will ever celebrate!

Thanks for distributing smiles all around!

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  10. Priyaram170

Hi ma'm,

How are u doing? Hope everything is good @ ur end. I know its too late for my reply, I am very glad and greatful that many senior ilites liked my post. And about Anandchitra ma'm her feedback is a real booster for a starter like me. Most of the times, I am a silent reader of IL. I hope my posts distrubute smiles all around in future too. Meanwhile, I would also like to request you to read my first effort of writeup when time permits which is

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/stories-fiction/201526-my-soul-mate-just-next.html

Your feedback would definetly matter to me. Thank you.