Prenatal Vitamins

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by prabhasunil, Sep 18, 2007.

1. prabhasunil

prabhasunil New IL'ite

Can I take these vitamins?

Hi everyone,
    We have started trying for a baby.The doctor advised to take folic acid tablets.I surfed through net and found out its good to take 'pronatal vitamins' instead of just folic acid.I began taking 'sanatogen pronatal vitamins+omega3 tablets for the past 2 months.I feel I have gained weight.I asked my father about it,since Iam not having mother.My father says not to take any tablets unless the doctor advices to do so.
    dear friends,is anyone taking the same sanatogen tablets?Is there any side effects in talking those?.Am I gaining weight because of those tablets?
    Please do help me with ur answers,as Iam not having anyone to discuss this with.

2. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Re: Can I take these vitamins?

You can safely take pre-natal vitamins,all doctors advise to do the same,I really don't know about weight gain with respect to the vitamins,but it is generally advisable to take the pre-natal vitamins atleast 3 mnths before you become pregnant and continue thereafter too.

3. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Hi Prabhasunil,
    You can ask Dr.Madhvi (who is also a ILite member) at this given link http://www.indusladies.com/forums/healthy-foods/12376-queries-to-dr-madhavi.html#post136292

Sindhu

4. poornimahari

poornimahari New IL'ite

take follic acid daily it is good for brain devlopment.consult ur gynacologist and have prenatal vitamins.hope u will give good news soon

5. prabhasunil

prabhasunil New IL'ite

dear sunitha,sindhuja&poornimahari,
    Thank u for all ur replies.Ur answers were very helpful to me,and iam taking the tablets continuously.sindhuja,thanks for letting me know about Dr.madhavi.

6. seeba27

seeba27 New IL'ite

Share ur opinions about this pronatal vitamin

Hi friends,
    We are planning for a baby and have decided to take some pronatal vitamins.I browsed through the net and found a pronatal 'sanatogen' .Its quoted as a scientifically proven one.The latest one is 'His&Hers sanatogen pronantal' vitamin ,a supplement for both men and women together in the same pack.
    Friends,has anyone come across or used this pronatal vitamin.Share ur opinions and reviews so that i can continue with the same.

7. padija

padija Senior IL'ite

Re: Share ur opinions about this pronatal vitamin

hi seeba

are you referring to prenatal vitamins? it is what recommended by gyn's to take when you are trying for baby and continue till the end of your pregenancy. i took prenatal vitamins when i was pregenant. it has enough vitamins and folic acid needed .

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  8. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Seeba,

I think its better to consult your Physician or Gynec and they will prescribe you the prenatal vitamins....

9. sssaustin

sssaustin Senior IL'ite

yep..the gynec would give you lotsa advise on this...You decide upon after your first visit...

10. Anoo.p

Anoo.p New IL'ite

Hi ,
    Its prenatal vitamins it consists of multivitamins and folic acid as needed,,am using it from 2 months as prescribed by my gyn ,,,its better you consult gyn before using it.