1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

how long is your hair?

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by nailnice, May 30, 2013.

1. KilaliAnju

KilaliAnju Guest

Have you ever trid castor oil? It helps a lot to let hair grow. Some shampoos are to agressive too, if the natural washing procedure is to time taking for you, try hair soap bars with natural ingredients like shikakai and soapnut, condition afterwards with apple vinegar or lemon juice in water.
    Check wether the growth itself is the problem or if the simply break at the tips off :)

2. KilaliAnju

KilaliAnju Guest

hhmm... i have longer hair too n know hot it can get one once nerves or bother in daily routine ;)

there are a lot of different ways to plait it, i like to start with a part right on top of my forehead and then plaid it down the right or left side, you can neither go completely go round the head that way or stop behind the ear and get all the rest of hair together quite up at the back of head, plaid there down and add the three strings of the already braided hair one after the other into it.
    If you do it all round head you can role it up too to create a lil bun at the side of the head and put a lil flower in it, it looks quite cute.
    Easiest style is a hair bun. You can create it yourself by cutting the tip of an washed dark sock off and rolle it into a doughnut shape. You can make a ponytail and put it round that, then you neither role all the ponytail from tip to head with the hair down or you cover the bun with the hair, fix with hair tie and role the length of the hairs arround the bun fixing it with bobby pins - variation is plaiting to lil plaits ad the neck one left one right, leaving them untill the end and after you ralled the hair round the bun first lay arround one and then cross wise (left plait round right side so it comes round left side and upside down) so it will be plait cross at the back of your head and it looks nice at the bun too...

hope i could explain halfway understandable...:hide: those are some of my routine ones to get bit different look...there are actually lots and lots of looks in youtube which you can try out .. just some need a bit of patience and routine :)

3. nshobitha

nshobitha Bronze IL'ite

thnx KilaliAnju ..wuld try the bun which u mentioned n also wuld check other type of hair styles
    actually i need some quick hairstyles as i hate standing in front of mirror for long time
    if u hav any quick ones pls let me knw

4. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

OMG don't ask this question to me.... till i was diagnosed PCOS i had a growing hair. my hair was growing and growing and i was cutting and cutting. i have never allowed my hair to cross shoulder line. but now i long for long hair. but as a result of PCOS i have a severe hair loss.... i will be satisfied with this hair if it has atleast some volume........

5. KilaliAnju

KilaliAnju Guest

oohh im really very sorry to hear you have PCOS... unaducated me had to google it to be honest.. you tried to take vitamins which help with that and hair growth? If hair loss is due to that i would try to check diet closely and take eventually some extra vitamins like vitamin D (i heard there is a link between vitamin D difficianty and female hair loss) iron should be checked as well and maybe zink... (biotin is often recommended too as far i know but usually the difficiancy shudnt be too extreme coz that wud coz real weakness... correct me please if im wrong), maybe try to check that plus massage castor oil on ur scalp (circulating movements with finger tips and move skin a bit for blood circulation), you can add curry leaves and fenugreek seeds to hair oil like coconut oil too (heat oil and boil them in it a while let it cool down and filter in bottle) you can mix castor with coconut oil too if castor is too thick or greasy for you, but castor oil helps great with thinning hair, honestly, try to leave it once a weak in for night treatment or such...
    Vinegar helps fixing the PH-level if that is a problem (i use that too, smell will dissapear with drying)
    If you apply home made hair packs you can get some vitamin E and add it to it :)

6. sushshetty

sushshetty Silver IL'ite

I have thick shoulder length curly hair and i just love it..:)

7. iCool

iCool Senior IL'ite

my hair length is little more than my shoulder level. i had a long one in my school days:)

8. chetavani50

chetavani50 Gold IL'ite

Me too same.

9. RajSai

RajSai Platinum IL'ite

Was admiring the various hair levels of all our lovely ladies here. I am just crazy of lengthy hair styles. My mom used to prepare everything at home to nurture my hair. So all my people, including the parlour ladies were jealous with the straight, shiny, black, silky nature of my hair. Now it is just a past for me. With medications for my disc problems, hormone problems, stressful tragic incidents, etc...made its impact and I am still suffering heavy hair loss and too much of greying near my ears.
    As KilaliAnju suggested I tried curry leaf preparations etc. Nothing stops greying / hair fall. I am very lazy with my diet. Not including much fruits. Now length is slightly above waist line, but too thin that I am struggling with what hair styles to do. Scalps are also easily exposed. I cannot plait it as it is too thiny. I do not know how it will be if I leave it loose. I have no interest in cutting it short. Myself and my hubby loves long hair. If I cut, it is becoming still thinner. So finally decided to preserve whatever little sticks to my scalp. Ofcourse, I still continue with home made preparations for oiling and washing. No Chemicals......I have not yet tried henna packs.

10. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

Anju darling thanks for such caring post..... i just googled to find pcos when everyone asked me to check up for pcos. yes the hair loss is an impact of pcos. even i have sever eyebrow thinning too. i dint consult with dermatologist. tried small onion hair pack twice then left. now using plain coconut oil for hair. once in a week i take gingely oil with meera shikakai powder.. my aunt tried castoroil for hairloss you wont believe at her 50's all her grey hair turned black. will try casteroil and let you know the result dear. i have started adding curry leaves in food also.. hope it will do some magic.....

1 person likes this.