buy Mangalsutra

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Bangalore' started by pallavik96, Jun 17, 2013.

1. pallavik96

pallavik96 New IL'ite

I want to buy a mangalsutra for my sis-in-law.Can anyone suggest me any daily use mangal-sutra which will look nice and little short...Reasonable price..where can i get it in Bangalore?:)

2. pallavik96

pallavik96 New IL'ite

34 views and no reply....help me ladiess....

3. positivegal

positivegal Gold IL'ite

Mangalsutra is something, which you can get in almost every gold shop.

4. upavi

upavi Gold IL'ite

Hi pallavi,

Tanishq..my friend showed me all her gold jwellery which she got frm india...every thing was good. She was saying she bought it from tanishq..i guess it should be there in blore too..

5. GodIsOne

GodIsOne Gold IL'ite

Each caste has its own Mangal Sutra. That could be why you did not get a many replies. Narrow it down to get more replies

6. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Pallavi, when you say Mangalsutra, you mean the chain or actual sutras which are tied to the chain?
    If its the chain, you can find it in every gold store. If its the sutra, you will have to ask your SIL's inlaws what sutras their family wears; every sub caste wears a different kind. Depending on that you have to approach the jewelers. Take a picture with you if needed. Don't buy the sutras without checking as her inlaws might object later.

If its the black beads one you are looking for, I got mine from Bangalore Central. It was a small one with a string of diamonds embedded in it.

2 people like this.
  7. nshobitha

nshobitha Bronze IL'ite

hi pallavik96,

wuld like to add few more points to wat Rakhii just mentioned

u wuld need to ask ur sil as well on wat she wuld go for if it is the chain, as few wuld like to wear thick ones n few thin n same with black beads if any, trend is wearing sall these days n again it depends on ur sil which ones she wuld go for

u hav gud collection in nikhar, neelkanth also in prathibha - surrounding richmond circle
    diaond collections are also gud over here..u can customise ur designs as well if any..all 3 jewelers r quite open to it

even GRT has gud collections - 4th blk jayanagar

8. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite

Let me add some pointers from a (married) guy:
    If your SIL is outgoing, modern, working/student category, I would suggest a very thin and modern style of (chain and sutras) the set. Since a heavy mangal sutras are very inconvenient to wear in the modern costumes. Also they would look and adjust comfortably. I have learned this from my MBA class-mate in the university and suggest my spouse too. One more advantage is that the soft and thin modern chain+locket takes less gold and you may end up in buying more than one for the same cost of the traditional heavy sutras. (BTW, I like them too).

9. pallavik96

pallavik96 New IL'ite

Thanks a lot ladies for pouring all your valuable comments...i want to buy very thin and modern style of (chain and sutras) the set as heavy mangal sutras are very inconvenient to wear in the modern costumes ..She can use it daily at home...The colour should not fade away..Any place in Bangalore we can buy this and if you can mention the approximate price then that would be a great help..We don't want to buy very costly one becoz snatching of chains on roads or in trains is very common....Normal daily use one..

10. pallavik96

pallavik96 New IL'ite

Hi rakhi,
    Thanks a lot.Can you please let me know the price of the mangalsutra which you purchased from bangalore central?