1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Buddies Required!!! Lose 3 kgs by 30th June

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by sridevi1977, Jun 1, 2013.

1. saarang

saarang Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Could anybody help me by suggesting if there is some mistake in my diet or exercise. I am not sure why i am not able to lose weight. I have not weighed for this week yet but still I feel i have put on weight.

2. anu1215

anu1215 Platinum IL'ite

saarang u asked to see if ur diet is ok? my suggestion go for roti 1 week .. ban rice items.. dinner have a very light meal. avoid all junk.. gud that ur doing 8miles workout keep up the gud work.. u will next week

Thanks
    anu

3. sheshin

sheshin Gold IL'ite

Today's update

Cereal and milk
    Mango, glass mango juice, upma with curd
    Strawberries, raspberries and 2 store bought kachori and tea
    Brown rice with dal and curd

Workout: 3.5 miles walk

4. sheshin

sheshin Gold IL'ite

Sarangi, I'll second Anu's suggestion. Avoid rice and see if it makes any difference.

5. Akineel

Akineel Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sri and reshmi,

Started my day with...

1 ltr water
    Banana
    Musk melon...
    Might have tea or milk...

4 people like this.
  6. Bluediamond2006

Bluediamond2006 New IL'ite

Hey everyone!
    It's so good that all of you are trying to get fit :)
    I just thought I might give you a piece of advice. I was 60kgs on 1st May and as of today I'm 54kgs :)
    I didn't do any dieting, I eat everything, chocolates, chaat, cheeseburgers....

Here's what I did do
    1. Two cups green tea (1 in the morning, 1 at tea time). Don't add milk or sugar because there's a negative effect when taken together but you can have a glass of milk about an hour later.
    2. A glass of hot water with a teaspoon of fresh lime/lemon juice and 1teaspoon honey. Honey increases metabolism. Do this first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach.
    3. Walk at fast pace for about 30mins
    4. Monitor what you eat because everything has Calories and that's what you need to control.
    Calories in - Calories out = calories gained.
    But you NEED calories too, the requirement varies according to height. I Registered at Fitnesspal.com, it told me my calorie requirement and I kept recording everything I ate there (still do), it tells me how many calories I'm eating. (I was so surprised to find that idli and bread contained so many calories!!). I would suggest registering there, we could all be diet buddies :)
    5. And please don't try avoiding carbohydrates. If you go lesser than 55% of combined carb+protein+fat intake you're going to start losing hair. It happened to a friend who took up a low-carb diet

7. ChandrikaV

ChandrikaV IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anu,

I was totally impressed by the story that motivated you to start the weight loss journey. Great job dear. I have one question for you......do you do your exercise all at once or split into smaller chunks. Since you have small kids how do you find time?

8. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

Dear download the excel sheet and enter your details. save it and upload here. the original uploaded by mathu will remain unchanged. the next person who want to enter her details can download the excel file which you upload. similary the chain will go and we can edit/update details in the excel sheet by downloading from the previous person's post. hope this will work....... mathu if you have anyother idea pls share dear......

9. sridevi1977

sridevi1977 IL Hall of Fame

so, if there are 35 people in the sheet, there will be 35 uploads in the thread if all continue updating from previous change...got it. will try.

10. sridevi1977

sridevi1977 IL Hall of Fame

All the best Akineel and reshmi...Now, it is monday night for me. will start tomorrow morning...

1 person likes this.