1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Need to lose weight fast

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by lakshmiprathap, Jun 10, 2013.

1. lakshmiprathap

lakshmiprathap Senior IL'ite

I am a working married women. This is my daily routine:
    Wake up at 8am , make breakfast and lunch for me & my husband, leave for office at 10am after having 1 cup tea and 3-4 marie biscuits , 12:30pm have lunch comprising of 2/3 rotis and subzi, 4pm have tea and 3-4 marie biscuits or if I am hungry have maggi in office canteen, soemtimes i have snacks at 6:30pm from office, 8pm leave for home, 9-9:30pm reach home cook dinner, eat dinner at 10:45 - 11:30pm and go to sleep at 12:30 to 1am. I dont have time to exercise since my office is far and it takes me around 1hr to reach and by the time i return i dnt have the energy to exercise. even we dont have maid at home (only me & DH stay) so i do the household chores alone with my DH help :). My height is 167cm (5.6ft) and weight is 85kg.The only walking i do is around 1.5 km one way during my travel.Please help me to lose weight. Also plz give me some time management tips.:hide:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013

2. yellowsunflower

yellowsunflower Bronze IL'ite

Eating a late dinner isnt good this has to be changed... think if you can prepare something extra for Dinner in the morning itself.. that shd help you save sometime... Like make more Sambar in the morning have dosa with the sambar finish of dinner and go to bed early. Excerise is must. i have tried all other things like controlled diet but the weight doesnt decrease it just stays in the same level. If i am regular in doing exercise i see some difference. So waking up in the morning and finding min 30mins of ur time for exercise is the best

3. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lakshmi,

First of all I appreciate your initiative to lose weight. Well begun is half done. So keep up the motivation. From your mail I have couple of observations which might help you to lose weight. Please dear have some light breakfast like Milk+Cornflakes or Oats without any sugar. Add little honey if interested(good to avoid). Use skimmed/low fat milk if possible. Avoid Tea instead go for green tea without any honey/sugar. Dinner is too late dear. What do you have for dinner generally? Avoid Rice for dinner. If possible try to finish your dinner in office itself. What do you have for snacks? Avoid oily/Fried snacks. Have some fruit instead of snacks. Include lot of salads and atleast 2 intakes of fruits daily.

4. lakshmiprathap

yes dear i know eating early dinner is best...before marriage even i used to have dinner early since by home was just 2min from office, but now travelling takes up most of my time.....by the time i finish preparing dinner it becomes late ... also my DH comes home arnd 10pm :(....

5. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

Do you usually cook curry also again for dinner? If possible try to cook extra curry in the morning so that you just have to make phulkas and eat in the night so you can have dinner little earlier. Also if possible whenever you have time try to keep your veggies ready. Cut them and store in fridge.

6. lakshmiprathap

i usualy make the curry extra for nwext days lunch & make rotis in the morning..... Also wont cut veggies get spoilt (the place where i stay have minimum 2 hrs daily power cuts).....

7. lakshmiprathap

yes me too thinking to start having something for breakfast....for dinner generally its roti + subzi/chicken/egg curry or rice + dal/subzi/fish ....I cant have my dinner at office since dinner is the only meal me & DH have together :(

8. lakshmiprathap

any time management tips ladies.............