1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

sinus remedy

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by rama789, Dec 4, 2007.

1. poonamjoshi9266

poonamjoshi9266 New IL'ite

Dear Rama,

If u can do yog please try to do pranayam daily for an hour. I am sure you will be fully cured.

2. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Yes Uma, as you say Yoga is really good for health and I do continously Breathing exercise at home ... pls. post on more if u know about exercise and other health tips ... thanks once again Suni :)

3. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,

Sinus congestion is a common problem that can easily be managed with ayurvedic/siddha medicines rather than allopathy. If u ppl have any queries u can post them in the thread started by me in this section and I ll answer it.

Regards,
    CC

4. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi Chitra,

I have been sinus problem for quite sometime now, I feel very heavy esp the Centre of the head and forehead and my face looks swelled up spl during my ,before/after periods invariably every month. i also do get headache and i have to take any painkillers or Sinarest tablets to ease the pain.

Can u suggest something for me.

cheers
    vaidehi

5. kuttimayil

kuttimayil New IL'ite

dear dr.cc

i am having very dry nose and because of that breathing problem. it gets worst in the night.

i was using otrivin nasal drops/spray for the last one and half month. but it made the problem severe.

i stopped it and started applying coconut oil inside the nose every now and then. the problem is reducing slowly. is it ok to apply this? because climate is very hot and we have started using airconditioners all the time. i think that causes the dryness of nose.

pl. suggest some home remedies, otherwise ayurvedic medicines.

thanks in advance

uma.

6. charuchitthra

Hi Vaidehi,

Sinus congestion is a disease which can be controlled if u strictly adhere to few habits.
    1. Avoid cold drinks and food taken staright from refridgerator.

2. Always wash hair in warm water n dry it immediately

3. In summer make sure ur hair s not sweating much, by frequently untying ur palit n letting hair loose n paliting back. u cant totally let ur hair loose as it ll also increase sweting in scalp

4. I suggest the following mild home remedies as i cant be giving out prescriptions without seeing in person. But am sure these ll work.

Take some camphor and powder it. Warm coconut r gingely oil in a vessel with lid. it shudnt start boiling. before that switch off stove add this powdered camphor n close the lid (its better if the lid closes properly without letting out the camphor vapours) and let it cool. After it has cooled store it in an airtight container. and apply this oil over ur head and neck before going to bath for half an hour. I suggest u apply it as soon as u get up and take bath after finishing ur morning chores.

Take haldi powder n mix it with warm water n apply over haed every evening and wash off before going to bed.

Also suggest putting sambrani(dhoop) to ur hair if u take hair bath.

Try this and get back to me.

Regards,
    CC

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  7. charuchitthra

Hi Kutty mayil,

Its gud to know ur sister s also a siddha doctor. Which year and from where did she graduate? Are u taking the medicines prescribed by ur sister on a regular basis? If so continue taking thaalisadhi churnam but stop karpoorathi churnam and tablet as they might even dry the nose.

Continue applying coconut oil. If u can get some vetti ver n vilamichu ver from India and put it in ur drinking water and let it soak. jus a lil bit everyday. Drinking taht water ll preserve ur body 's moisture. The used ones along with some fresh ones can be stored in an open box near ac. u sprinkle water on them everyday. They are natural humidifiers and ll humidify the air in that room. U can put a box in every room.
    Take more honey with milk r in coffee r with fruits. Try this n get back to me.

Regards,
    CC

8. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi Chitra,

Thank u so much for ur tips, i will defn follow all ur simple homely tips and would let u know the Result.

Cheers
    vaidehi

9. reshmirn

reshmirn Bronze IL'ite

hi all
    my hubby has sinusitis. it was severe and he underwent a minor surgery 3months back. steaming with vicks,using an ayurvedic nasal drops "anu thailam" and "cephagraine",a prescribed inhaler is all wat he does.. but still the headache and heavyness in the head prevails. pls advice. Renuka - a consultant as she said- stopped answering?
    expecting favourable response
    Reshmi

10. charuchitthra

Hi Reshmi rn,

Sinusitis can be better controlled wit lifestyle changes. The meds ur husbands taking r all gud n effective. Please ask him to continue them and also start using neerkovai pills. U get this in ayurvedic pharmacies. Its to be externally applied over forehead. It ll give gud relief. Continue using inahlation of vicks. Use lot of balck pepper in ur cooking. And its always better to dry hair after bath n also its better to keep his hair short. Wear ear plugs if going out in cold. If taking cold r refrigerated foods allow it to reach room temp before eating. Try all these with the meds n temme the results

Regards ,
    CC