Indians in Adelaide Australia

Discussion in 'Indians in Australia & NZ' started by vanitha335, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Smb25

Smb25 New IL'ite

Hi Shareon,

How are you doing? So how is the job hunt progressing? any idea as to when you will be moving? Actually we had been to B'lore 2 weeks back thought of getting in touch with you but forgot to get your number. we plan to make our first entry soon to see the place.

Sridevi

2. shareon

shareon Senior IL'ite

Job hunt .... nothing much coming through. I am currently in B'lore hubby is in Adelaide.Its very difficult by the day, each day esp with a 15 month baby. He has secured a part time job. Nothing much coming along his way too. Lot of these things could get frustrating. If I quit here will I be able to secure another is a very threatening question. If yes how long will it take.. Will we be able to afford the basic comforts? We have been having a resonably comfortable life in B'lore A very tough decision though. (Ah well these are foreseen wile immigrating... but when decisions are to be made in real life is another whole new point)Are you on State Sponsorship? I remember is in the ONG sector?

3. catalia

catalia New IL'ite

Hi Abida & Sahreon,

We are making our first entry by mid of August, already booked the ticket, Searching accommodation, little confused on booking the hotel, hotels in CBD seems to be too old, may be not that good and other too expensive.

Please if you both don't mind mentioning your experience about the hotel which you selected or any alternative for the accommodation, we will be there for a week.

Warm regards,

4. bindukanaka

bindukanaka New IL'ite

hello ...Everyone
    i would like to knw abt the jobs in adelaide.I am new to adelaide.Anybody pls help n sugge.I did MCA in 2009 at hubli.(banglore-karnataka).
    Bindu.

5. bindukanaka

bindukanaka New IL'ite

hello.......
    I like dis site veymuch....

6. bindukanaka

bindukanaka New IL'ite

hello
    I came to adelaide 15 days back and staying in mantra hotel near cbd.
    It costs$159 per day.
    bindu

7. abs2911

abs2911 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shareon
    Trip was fine not so good, hubby was not well. We stayed in Grand Chancellor of Hindley in Hindley Street CBD.
    What we did not realise this street is well known for its night life. No problems there as we did not venture out after 9 at night. The hotel is supposed to be 4 star but there was lot left to be desired :(
    The only places we visited was Rundull Mall as we were practically staying there and Adelaide Zoo, we also visited to a very friendly IL's home.
    When are you planning to move permanently, we are thinking next yr June.
    Keep in touch.
    Abida

8. abs2911

abs2911 Bronze IL'ite

HI Catalia

We stayed in Grand Chancellor of Hindley on Hindley Street in CBD. Its a 4 Star Hotel, found it expensive but lacking in Quality. I would not recommend that. Do check well in advance & book if you want to go for moderately priced but Good Hotel.

Abida

9. shareon

shareon Senior IL'ite

Hi Catalia,
    I stayed briefly at a distant relatives place and then moved to a share accomodation briefly with another Indian couple(10 days each). Currently my hubby is in a bachelors shared accomodation and seems to like it. I didnt venture too much into the city and havent stayed at a hotel, so I wouldnt know sorry.

10. shareon

shareon Senior IL'ite

Hi Abida,
    Thanks for taking the time to respond. The lady at the helpdesk at the airport mentioned the same thing that the hotels in CBD may be pricey yet not worth. If moving then maybe after August, hubby is planning a trip back home in Aug. If not moving then unsure what the future will hold for us. Its best if something works offshore before making a move.