1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Visit to HELL…not again please!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Angellic, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

imagessad1.jpg My Visit to HELL…not again please!!!

[JUSTIFY]Here comes a snippet of my life at hell for the past few days…Since childhood I hate visiting this place and consider this place as HELL. I hate the dental chair, the zwing sound made by the dental drill, the probe, and the tweezers etc etc… No offence, but an appointment with a dentist is something like going through hell with a devil…My eyes always picturizes the dentist as a “DEVIL” (I’m sorry if this offends anyone)…:hide:

After having some painful experience with the dentist in my past, I always prayed to god not to visit this hell anytime in my life…:-(

Unfortunately, Last Saturday, I had severe toothache…I controlled my pain for a day but the pain was uncontrollable so my dad took me to the clinic…”KEEP SMILING” :bonkwas the name of the clinic…I was sitting next to my dad and saw few ppl, a lady along with her husband and her son, a guy talking to that lady about his treatment and another lady busy on her mobile…

I sat absorbed in my own blue funk …My heart beats were up with the thought of meeting Mr. Devil. I was continuously praying to GOD, consoling myself. After a long wait, the main door of hell opened and Mr. Devil called me. With fear:shaking:, I sat on the dental chair, he wore his gloves and checked my teeth and told that my molar was completely gone and it need to be treated so as to prevent the adjacent one…I was looking at my dad, but my dad told the Devil to start up the treatment…I nodded my head and told MR. Devil to give some tablets for time being and will continue my treatment sometime later down the line…

Mr. Devil, without listening to my words, told my dad tablets will only be a temporary relief but treatment will be a permanent one…it will be dangerous to keep this teeth untreated, he concluded…Then Mr. Devil told my dad to discuss with me for a while in the waiting room…

In the waiting room, my dad told me to make my mind for the treatment. After a while, Mr. Devil called me…:shaking:Again I sat on that dangerous chair with shivering…My eyes were scanning at the stuffs that MR. Devil was taking before the treatment start (a tray in which he had a mirror, a probe, a tweezers and a syringe)

imagesdentist eqp.jpg

…looking at the syringe…My god, injection…OH NO, God! I didn’t do any bad thing so as to punish me this way, I don’t want injection. Please god save me from this Devil, I will chant gayatri mantra 108 times for 21 days, I said in my mind…

Mr. Devil told me to open my mouth widely…I closed my eyes tightly, chanting “OM NAMAH SHIVAYA” and after a while, I opened one eye to see what Mr. devil was planning to do…I saw an injection in his hand which came close to my mouth…OMG, I closed my eyes tightly again cursing the god for not helping me and for giving such a punishment. He inserted the needle and injected the shot into the lower left side of my mouth:cry:.

imagessimile.jpg

Then he took probe…Before he start, I asked him “Is this treatment a painful one?” He gave an evil laugh sorry evil smile and said “Nah, not at all painful” His smile told me what exactly he meant…

Zwing machine started playing on my teeth, root canal treatment started and after some 15 mins he was done for the day, and told me to come the next day, I was like, not again:(

Then the next day, with the expectation that it will be ma last visit, I went…he did some time-pass sorta thing with ma teeth, god knows what exactly he did and told me to come back the next day…

Again! Please try to make it today itself nah…I requested him…

Why you have any important appointment or work tomorrow? He asked…

I was, with disappointment said…No, nothing…:rant
    (Actually, I have already planned to go for a movie (Yeh jawani hai deewani) the next day…)

He smiled and said…You have to come tomorrow, this procedure needs three sittings…I smiled with disappointment and visited the hell again the next day…Dental drill again started playing on my teeth…my god…indeed a terrible treatment, my left cheek got swollen which made it look like an IDLI… :-(

He prescribed some medicines…before leaving; I asked him whether my swelling will go away the next day?

For which he replied, medicines does wonder but not magic...I have given a gel, you apply on your gums, gargle with salt water as many times as you can and finally you can pray to your god for that… (Did he hear my humming? I thought in ma mind)

My dad paid the bill…before leaving Mr. Devil, with a smile, told me “Hope, not to see you again in this place” :iagree

I smiled with ma swollen cheek…he understood what my smile meant…

Then looking at the clinic’s name I threw a smile and said a tata-babye to the hell and returned back to ma heaven….
    [/JUSTIFY]

PS: Thanks to Dr. Rajiv for treating me with so much of care and with least possible pain (though the least pain was also too painful :(

With love,
    Angellic 

14 people like this.

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

That was a nice experience of your Angellic with Dr. Devil....hahaha

I too had 2 of my teeth root canalling it is just horrible.... I can imagine the pain that you went through. But this happens only while drilling later they do it so smoothly without any pain. But this was some 6 or 7 years back after that I never had any teeth problem till now touch wood :))

So at last did you see the movie or cancelled it. It is a nice movie I saw just few days back. :)

1 person likes this.
  3. Cutepavi

Cutepavi Silver IL'ite

It is like a poem written by a famous poet Ogden Nash....

I remember learning it in my childhood days and every time I visited the dentist :)

He said..."some pains are physical, some are mental... But the one that is both is Dental". :)

3 people like this.
  4. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

Went through terrible period...Glad im back from hell, and wish no more visit to this hell anytime in ma life...

Well, i watched that movie on thursday...Yup, very nice movie...I enjoyed it...

With love,
    Angellic :)

5. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

Well said...This is what exactly i felt after returning from that hell...

With love,

1 person likes this.
  6. cpriya0

cpriya0 New IL'ite

never been to visit mr.hell yet. Touchwood!! :) :)

1 person likes this.
  7. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

Quite lucky huh ;)

With love,

8. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Angelic, that's funny way you have narrated!!
    Hope you are doing well now. Take care

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Angel dear thanks for sharing your experience with Dentist. Each one have a different experience when they go to the Dentist. My daughter being young had a terrific experience removing her tooth, that too when she was about to leave for London one day back she removed her tooth. Next day she could not talk and we were scared hope she has no problem after reaching London. Luckily she was ok. My dh had also had his tooth removed two days back we went to Dubai . But luckily he did not have any problems.

1 person likes this.
  10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Angellic, dentists are a tribe by themselves. (Sorry to any dentists who are reading this. :hide:). I remember my visit to a dentist at the age of 8 when dentistry was not as progressed as it is today. No anaesthetic, no nothing. From then onwards it was like an annual pilgrimage to a dentist, orthodontist (my mom was a sadist and would not let my teeth be the way they were - probably she was scared she would have to shell out a huge dowry :evil:) ...... The fear factor, however, never left me. Till the dentist one day missed, his hand slipped and the drill went into the soft tissue under my tongue!!!!! After that I changed my dentist.

That was another character. He was very good professionally. But he had a strange philosophy. He refused to give an anaesthetic shot to kids. He said, "I say let them suffer the pain, then they will learn to be careful with their teeth". But so many years of visiting the dentist and being careful had not helped me any.

Time came when I was resigned to the fate of having to sit on that chair year in and year out. I came to a point where I thought "well, what can he do? It will pain. I will live through it to tell the tale once again". And here I am. And after I took that line of facing the dentist, I have not visited one for the last 6-7 years now. TOUCH WOOD. [​IMG]

2 people like this.