1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My dad gets depressed easily

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by nikkimom83, Jun 7, 2013.

1. nikkimom83

nikkimom83 Silver IL'ite

Hi all ,
    Am silent reader of this forum .. I want to share my pbm with you hoping to get wise solutions from u all. For almost a yr my dad is getting depressed very easily and he seems losing interest in life like he keeps on lying at day time not doing any works.. not eating well and not mingling with peoples .. He always worried about the future like money , job of my brother , and my life ..
    Am well settled with loving dh and lovely inlaws.. But if we go somewhr abroad due to my husbands works he doesnt like that and keeps worrying and not eating properly .. Sometimes i get irritated because of this but am very much worried abt him .. similarly in case of my brother , he is in good job in Sw company .. But he wants to pursue his higher studies . my dad doesnt support him in this and there is always slight misunderstanding between my dad and brother.. My dad will start shouting at him if he speaks abt his studies in IIT or some gud college.. I donno how to handle my dad and ILs plz help me ..

2. plakshmi

plakshmi Gold IL'ite

hi

these might be the reason to express himself. but do not misake me i think he is having depression . take him to get psychiatrist. or take thyroid test too. this may also the reason for not eating properly and feeling tired.

lakshmi

3. RadiantFlower

RadiantFlower Platinum IL'ite

You're right - your dad seems to be caught in the throes of depression. He must seek medical help for this, please persuade him to see a doctor.
    Did something bad happen recently that might have triggered this depressive episode or has he been always like this?

From your side, some more things you could do is to try to gently introduce him towards positivity in life - like changing the topic whenever he talks pessimistically and always share only the good stuff that happens in your life. Ask your brother to do this too.
    Also make sure he tunes in to only cheerful music and watch only pleasant movies and shows on TV.

4. neharenu

neharenu Junior IL'ite

tumare papa tume bahut pyar karte hai. isliyetum nahi sumajh rahe. tum papa se bat karo .apne father and brother koak dusre ka support hona chahiye.koi rasta jarrur niklega.

5. nikkimom83

nikkimom83 Silver IL'ite

hi lakshmi , radiantflower ,neha thanks for ur reply.. Sure i will tc of my dad and see to tht he doesnt falls into depression ofter .. thanks a lot ..