1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Movie did you Watch Today????????

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Victoryman, Jan 4, 2009.

1. aparnanc

aparnanc Bronze IL'ite

Saw Kai Po Che over the weekend. Loved the movie. Excellent acting by all especially the one who played Ishaan. They have cleverly incorporated various real time events into the story. Very natural acting and a poignant ending.

2. Haya

Haya Gold IL'ite

talaash..
    loved it
    wish i dint know the suspense before
    a gud suspense movie

3. curiousgal

curiousgal Bronze IL'ite

Watched a very old movie : National Lampoon's European Vacation

4. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Life is Beautiful
    Watched it last weekend. Couldn't find the time to talk about it then, so I'm telling it now.

Shekhar Kammula could have written and directed this movie with his eyes closed. And why not? After all, it’s pretty much a rehash of his Happy Days, taken 5 years ago.

The lead pairs’ characterizations for instance, are a complete replica of the ones in Happy Days. You have the Srinu-Paddu pair who happens to be the younger version of Varun-Tamanna pair in Happy Days. Both like each other yet would not reveal the same until close to the climax.

Remember Happy Days “nerdy” Tyson who falls in love with his senior, Shravs? Well, here too a nerdy Abhi falls for a much older Paru (Shriya Saran). And then, there’s Nagraj who falls for the girl next door, Lakshmi , but not until she sheds her plainness and becomes “beautiful” overnight! Hmmm...that was the same case in Rajesh-Appu Shankar of Happy Days too, wasn’t it?

And not to forget the superhot lecturer who wears sexy sarees and ‘wins’ the whistles of the young guys. The only difference is, instead of Kamalinee, you have Anjala Zaveri donning the older/single/sexy woman here.

So what’s the difference in Life is Beautiful when compared to Happy Days? There are three differences actually:-

1) The freshness, which was evident in Happy Days, is missing here (understandably, since it’s a copy)

2) Unlike Happy Days where each and every actor had a significant role to play, here Sekhar Kammula wasted quite a number of actors. Like seriously, do you really need Amala to make her comeback in this sort of role? Even a serial artist could have done this easily. Why Amala? To give unnecessary hype to the film?:rant

3) Many of the scenes here were very illogical. The “magic tricks” that Shriya performs in the beauty pageant; the sudden twist in the film where all the characters learning from their mistakes and succeeding in their lives; Amala’s miraculous cure from her final stage cancer (and that too in two months!!! For heaven's sake Sekhar, even a healthy person would not be able to grow their hair in 2 months)Witsend

Sekhar probably wanted to stick to the genre he knows best. But sticking to a particular genre doesn’t mean you have to copy it frame by frame from a previous hit film. I mean, we are talking about the director who brought freshness and simplicity in movies like Anand, Godavari and Happy Days. So what’s stopping him now? :confused2:

5. mikku

mikku Gold IL'ite

LOL...Sofea, as usual floored by your wittiness...loved the review...as for what happened to Kammula, I do not think anything happened, just that LIB only proves he cannot experiment/come out of his box... so he made a rehash of his Anand ( colony theme) and Happy days...and made a 'kachumbar' out of it that was illogical too.
    I loved his Godavari, Anand and Happy days,also liked Leader to certain extent. Seems like LIB is the start of his downfall, though I shall continue to watch his older movies.

1 person likes this.
  6. helpmeangel

helpmeangel Platinum IL'ite

Watched "Moondru per moondru kaadal" and "Chennaiyil oru naal". Both were fun to watch. Started watching "Paradesi".. didn't like even the first 5 minutes. So dropped that.

7. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

Watched "Yeh Jawani hai deewani" today...wonderful movie, enjoyed it...Songs were so energetic and Ranbir and deepika were too good...Only drawback was Aditya's role, which i felt quite incomplete...i wish to see him in a good role, not a drunker /loser again....

With love,
    Angellic :)

2 people like this.
  8. chandannasta

chandannasta Silver IL'ite

1. Yamla Pagla Deewana 2.
    2. Undefeated (2011).
    3. 1 out of 7 (2011).
    4. 12 Rounds to Reloaded.
    5. 310 to Yuma (2007).
    6. Absolute Deception.
    7. Bangkok Revenge (2011).
    8. Blood (2012).
    9. Blood Out (2011).
    10. Bloodsport 1 (1988).
    11. Chronicle (2012).
    12. Conquest Feith 1453 (2012).
    13. Crooked Arrows (2012).
    14. Goon (2012).
    15. Jack the Giant Slayer.
    16. Metro (English version)
    17. Ninja Masters.
    18. Parker.
    19. Stalked at 17.
    20. Stoker.
    21. The GrandMasters.
    22. The Devil's Double (2011).

Completed watching all of them in 3 days as I had off.

9. swarna1388

swarna1388 Silver IL'ite

10. swarna1388

swarna1388 Silver IL'ite