1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Any one watched Soodhu Kavum comedy (tamil )movie

Discussion in 'Movies' started by CHINCHILLA, May 13, 2013.

1. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

He had hallucinations athula vantha ponnu... Did I miss anything else?

2. yahu

yahu Silver IL'ite

very nice movie to laugh and relax.

3. mlsruthi

mlsruthi Silver IL'ite

Ya..he had hallucinations and when they all met with an accident..he is getting a perception in his mind that this girl also died in that accident...is it right girls...????

1 person likes this.
  4. Nimbu

Nimbu Silver IL'ite

Yep..mlsruthi. Had a hearty laugh after watching it..Though it doesn't convey any message to the society its a comedy in a different pitch & plot. Enjoyed!!

5. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Anu, You did not understand correctly.
    This is a psycho-disease called "Schizophrenia" . Meaning their brain is affected in such a way that they hallucinate ppl.
    And after the accident , he gets hit in the head and his disease is cured. So the girl does not come anymore.

if you listed to the 1st intro of the gang, Vijay sethupathi mentions that he took medicines, shalu did not come , he got bored, so he stopped taking medicines to have her back.

Also did you notice the Inspector Dharma character. He did not have any dialogue in the entire movie. Just fight only ! Very interesting screenplay and direction !

1 person likes this.
  6. GSAnusha

GSAnusha Gold IL'ite

Oh include me in the list..I LOVED THE MOVIE ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!
    Screenplay and direction at its best.. and hence the actors too
    Have never seen MS Baskar acting that inspiring..
    And his son, his wife, the Inspector..
    OMG!..I just couldnt stop sinking into each and every character.. so much of depth in the movie
    Even the smallest role in the movie had its significance

Simply the director's intelligence I suppose.. to choose every artist with caution and use them perfectly
    Indeed moral is the title :)

Ha ha.. this funny comparison popped in my mind..
    Vijays mother in thuppaki[Rewind and notice her esp ROFL] vs arumai pragasam's mother here..
    If you have noticed there would be a leap of difference in their acting, left un noticed by the great Gajini director..
    But debut director Nalan has hit everything accurately..
    Its really great that such talents have been unleashed from the happening short film industry!!

And in no offence, I dont understand why there is so much craze about Vijay sethupathi
    I also like him.. but the hype is going unconditionally
    He has good dialogue delivery, screen presence..and success in a row
    Apart from this havent seen exceptional acting,still he has a long way to go..

2 people like this.
  7. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Did he get cured because of the accident? I dont think so Ranchu. Like Shruthi said, he was actually hallucinating that Shalu died in the accident. Thats why she doesnt appear again. Remember the part where he sits and cries over her body, nevertheless all that d other boys could see was him crying alone? And when he finally sees the real Shalu again, he gets all excited and whispers her name.

2 people like this.
  8. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

I think it was his natural dialogue delivery and acting thats making him a big hit. Unlike most actors, Vijay doesnt seem to be 'acting'. He looks very at ease with the roles he plays and the fact that you see only the character and not Vijay (the actor) seems to be a plus point. This guy is truly promising. You can see how natural his acting is by just observing the minute nuances he gives.

2 people like this.
  9. anushri

anushri IL Hall of Fame

What??!! Was there a scene vijay sethupathi crying??? I didn't see any.. After the accident, next scene was this ministers son in ministers house telling some story n getting treated with feast. These kidnappers feeling scared n trying to escape...
    That's y I asked without a dialogue or scene, should we assume that the girl died?!
    But Ranch's new angle of getting cured due to accident is one of the movie cliche..

1 person likes this.
  10. RieRie

RieRie Gold IL'ite

Ehem...Anu (pssst) thirutu VCD thane?!!:hide:

1 person likes this.