Carnatic Music Teachers in and around Austin?

Discussion in 'Indians in Austin' started by vani, Mar 27, 2010.

1. VeenaVisva

VeenaVisva New IL'ite

I live in Iowa and have 2 girls 9 and 11 years, who take online skype carnatic music classes from Ms.Jayashree Venkatesh who is in the Chicago area. She teaches very well and makes it interesting for them. My girls now sing varnams very well in 2 speed and has taught them to sing open throated and many krithis. They have been learning from Alankaram, Dhattu Varusai level and have progressed well in the last year and a half. She has higher bandwidth internet connection and hence the quality of the skype carnatic lesson is good and clear. You can contact her via sampradhaya.org for further details on online carnatic lessons or in person lessons. Her website is very well maintained and has audio and lyrics available for further practice.

2. gayasrini

gayasrini New IL'ite

Hi CharuIyer,

Do you take classes still?interested in talking to you.please send me your number so that I could call you..

3. dhivlawyer

dhivlawyer New IL'ite

Re: Looking for Carnatic Music teacher in South Austin and around Circle C Ranch.

Hello,
    I live in South austin and just wanted to enquire if you are still looking for a music teacher?

4. aduvas

aduvas New IL'ite

Hi Charu

I had pinged you late last year but left for India. Just got back, and was really interested to enroll my daughter with you. Are you still taking new students? Could you please email me you contact details ?

Please contact me through private messages. You can sign up for
    private messages here - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/payments.php

Thanks
    Aditi

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2013
  5. seema78

seema78 New IL'ite

Hi CharuIyer,
    Am new to Tx.currently in round rock,Tx.would like to know whether u r still taking carnatci vocal lessons..My son is 5 years old.am unable to send you private message.so pls feel free to mail me .

Please contact me through private messages. You can sign up for
    private messages here - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/payments.php

Hoping to hear from you soon on this.

thanks
    Srimathi

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2013
  6. Vanshiva

Vanshiva New IL'ite

Hi CharuIyer,
    Are taking music classes now?
    Please let me know and mail me your contact number.
    Thank you

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  7. seema78

seema78 New IL'ite

Hi Gayasrini,
    My name is Srimathi.wanted to know whether u were able to find any teachers.we just moved to round rock,tx in may 2013.am not able to send a private message.would be grt if you culd reply to this post.hoping to hear from u ..

thanks
    srimathi.

8. morning

morning New IL'ite

Hi Charu,

My 51/2 yrs old daughter is interested in learning Carnatic music.
    Are you still teaching? If yes, then please provide your contact number to discuss further.

Thanks!

9. subrabidha

subrabidha Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I am a Vainika and learnt Veena under the tutelage of Smt. Meenakshi Ammal, daughter and disciple of Sri Karaikudi Subbarama Iyer ( great Karaikudi Veena brothers, Subbarama Iyer and Sambasiva Iyer) and giving concerts in and around my town.

I am taking online Carnatic vocal, Veena, slokas and Tamil ( spoken for kids as well as academic ) on Skype. Interested persons can contact me.

Regards.

10. subrabidha

subrabidha Silver IL'ite

Re: Looking for Carnatic Music teacher in South Austin and around Circle C Ranch.

Hello,

Greetings!.

I am a Vainika and learnt Veena under the tutelage of Smt. Meenakshi Ammal, daughter and disciple of Sri Karaikudi Subbarama Iyer ( great Karaikudi Veena brothers, Subbarama Iyer and Sambasiva Iyer) and giving concerts in and around my town.

I am taking online Carnatic vocal, Veena, slokas and Tamil ( spoken for kids as well as academic ) on Skype. If you are Interested persons pl contact me.