Moving to Austin, Texas

Discussion in 'Indians in Austin' started by hc123, Mar 30, 2011.

1. durejakitty

durejakitty New IL'ite

Re: Moving to Austin from India in June 2013- Need help to rent an apartment

Thanks I hope dis workout for me...

2. durejakitty

durejakitty New IL'ite

Re: Moving to Austin

Hello Sambala,

Have u got any house der....I will be also moving to Austin in June with my husband and need to rent an aprtment near with Indian Community ....plz lemme know if have any information...

3. seema78

seema78 New IL'ite

Hi Deepa,

We just moved to Round rock,Tx.We were in orange county.its been 2 weeks since we came here.would love to meet some indian families.

Cheers
    Seema.

4. aduvas

aduvas New IL'ite

Hi ladies

welcome to Austin..... we moved from NJ two years back and now are living in Avery Ranch. We rented for a year and then bought our house last year in Avery Ranch itself. I love this community. It has exemplary schools and very family friendly community. They regularly have events for kids like the egg hunt, halloween party, Xmas - meet the santa - so you don't have to go too far to celebrate. Not to mention meet your new neighbours and friends.

There are three Indian grocery stores within 5miles, other grocery store(HEB) is just 2 miles away. All my doctors and pediatricians are also within 5miles. The Austin hindu temple is a little further but not too bad at 24miles but we do have a sai baba temple which is just 11 miles away :)

Good luck with your move :)

5. pad1981

pad1981 New IL'ite

Apartments and Schools Near 78727

Hi

My husband got new project in Austin texas nearby zipcode 78727.I am looking Indian community apartment and schools for my kids.I have 4 years son and 2 year 6 months daughter.So I am looking some public Pre-K which is free education for my son and paid private pre school for my daughter.Please help and reply with all details.

Thanks
    pad1981

6. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

re: Apartments and Schools Near 78727

pad1981,

Riata and Colonial Village @ quarry oaks are the two places I know where Indians live. Riata is a good place. But quite expensive. I heard colonial village is good.

7. pad1981

pad1981 New IL'ite

re: Apartments and Schools Near 78727

Thanks Uma.Can i know any preschools nearby colonial village for my kids?Also if anybody know about creative kids preschool and balconwoods apt?

8. addi

addi New IL'ite

Schools and Apartments Near Kramer Lane

We are moving to Austin in Nov 3rd week with 5 year old n 20mnths old.My hubby's office is kramer lane 78758.Can any one suggest me the good elementary school.where should i rent an apartment as my priority is good elementary school and indian neighborhood with close proximity to library and grocery state.
    any suggestion and information is highly appreciated.
    thanks in advance.

9. shrutimanjunath

shrutimanjunath Platinum IL'ite

re: Schools and Apartments Near Kramer Lane

in 78758, you have verano apts, village apts nearby. they hv few indians.

schools nearby this area are childrens courtyard, pillow elementary and harmony school.

10. mickeygirl

mickeygirl Silver IL'ite

Hi Austin Frnds,

We are moving to Austin next month. My husband work place is at 78704. Can some one suggest good apartments having indian community.

No school preferences.

Thanks in advance.