1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets count our blessings

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by wantmyangel, May 30, 2013.

1. prettydevil

prettydevil Platinum IL'ite

hmm.... I learnt many things from the family, so will count them as the blessings -- :thumbsup

1. politics
    2. sweet poisoning
    3. farewell fakeness
    4. politely insulting
    5. revenging back sweetly
    6. offending on purpose
    7. disgracing generously

10 people like this.
  2. mimi77

mimi77 Gold IL'ite

Appreciate your spirit....Great going gal....Hope you carry on with the same spirit always.....BTW if you happen to get hickups midway, we r there...

2 people like this.
  3. reshsabu

reshsabu Gold IL'ite

Hmm.. ShilpaMa, I guess my words were a bit too strong and that was an overdose.:hide:

OP,
    I know you meant to start a positive thread here and I appreciate the initiative. I apologize if I diverted the intent of the thread in a different direction. No hard feelings please :cheers.

It is just that when we talk about in-laws, I have hardly any good memories in the past 10+ yrs of marriage. All that comes to mind are numerous painful instances when they were unfair and treated me disrespectfully, a momma's boy DH who always took their side and me left alone to deal with it.

Overtime, you learn survival techniques to "deal" with things and keep the show running. Thank god for the "Ignore technique" and "Blank stare at opposite wall"... and many more in those wonderful threads like "Art of Turning Deaf", "Confessions of a DIL etc". To me those have been life savers and I have so much peace of mind now.

Seeee.. again I am digressing to -ive talks :). I better keep quiet now and let others share their +ive experiences here.

4 people like this.
  4. reshsabu

reshsabu Gold IL'ite

Right sweetshreya. There was a time when I was scared of inlaws, went out of the way to please them, their wish was unquestioned command. I sacrificed my career to have my son because MIL & FIL started making rude comments when there was a delay in conceiving. MIL would ask commandingly every now and then if I am taking multivitamins, if I had my periods etc. Finally when I conceived and I had DS, FIL & MIL have no interest in DS at all ... Surprise surprise :) .FIL does not even seem to acknowledge that he has a grandson. Wonder what they really were nagging and pushing me for if they have no interest in a grandkid.Looks like all they were interested was to label me as a barren woman and keep finding faults.

5 people like this.
  5. sunshine1970

sunshine1970 Gold IL'ite

I am so blessed by God with beautiful wonderful caring parents, a wonderful husband and awesome son. What more can you ask for.

2 people like this.
  6. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    You are right. I myself have joined IL recently and was shocked in the beginning that all these vent outs may be construed wrongly by the reading public, and had made my position known thro my thread- relationship with ILaws- a mother in law's perspective. But i have found there were a lot of responses to my thread- and that too- every single person has taken it in the right spirit - just as they have done yours. That is very heartening 0 making me interested in finding any ways i can help out / share with others in future. I am happy that those who are facing problems have a genuine good forum to vent their feelings. That itself is a therapy and they would feel less burdened and be able to carry on with their lives in a more positive manner. My best wishes for all fellow ILs.

1 person likes this.
  7. chocogal26

chocogal26 Platinum IL'ite

My blessings.....

1. I love my father The most and he loves me too...
    2. Hubby is gem of a person....treat me like a queen , cares me alottt.
    3. My brother loves me too.
    4. My wonderful LO.

1 person likes this.
  8. wantmyangel

wantmyangel Silver IL'ite

My only intention of having this thread was, once the fellow ILites vent out their frustration in other threads, they can write something positive that has come to them in a day or some time and feel good about it. I know how frustrating it is to have a long day at work and go home to see the kitchen full of shabby things to clear. But when we complete cleaning it, we feel good...

I have no problems if ILites just want to vent out about their bad in laws and dont think anything good about any incident throughtout the day which was good. There was one more thread asking question whether unmarried people visiting this site and reading thru the "It happens in ILs house forum are worried or thinking twice about their personal life after marriage". I only wanted people to share and express that even after having negative mindset people around, we females have so many things positive to look around.

I think giving explainiation about my intent in opening this thread will not solve the purpose. I request the moderator to close or delete the thread if people feel this is not of any use.

I stil like IL and will follow it silently rather than expressing my individual thoughts rather than getting humiliated for expressing something good.

2 people like this.
  9. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Why am I being made responsible for keeping a list of specimens.

1 person likes this.
  10. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

If spirits are needed I can send across the TORNED fabric :rotfl :rotfl ......

3 people like this.