Indians from Melbourne? Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in Australia & NZ' started by loveshack, Jun 19, 2007.

1. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sky98,

Happy new year to you & your family!

Please refer to the following link to answer your query on why you cannot access your PMs.

NOTE: Changes to Private Messaging, Viewing Attachments & Post Counts

Regards,

Corallux

Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
  2. Smita4679

Smita4679 Senior IL'ite

Hi -
    I am Smita, currently in Chennai, am married and have a 2 year old baby. We have decided on migration to Australia and have initiated the PR processing.

I am a software professional(Mainframes) with over 5 yrs experience, currently working in an MNC. Since my husband is a business person, I would be the primary applicant on the visa.I have a few questions regarding work and life in Australia. I came across this particular forum and found it very interesting/helpful/friendly. It would be great if someone could help me out by answering a few questions -
    1) What are the job opportunities for Mainframe professionals? On browsing thru job search sites, I find that most of the Mainframe jobs are in Sydney and i also realize that they are not as prelavent as Java/J2EE requirements....Are there in mainframe openings in Melbourne as well?
    2) Looking into salary figures, what would be a decent salary per annum for a mainframe person?
    3) What are the possibilities of getting a job in Australia from here in India?Do recruiters conducts such kind of telephonic interviews?

Any suggestions/information would be helpful.
    Thankyou...

3. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

HI Smita,

All the best for your visa application. I do not have much info regarding Software side of business.....

SEEK - Australia's no. 1 jobs, employment, career and recruitment site is the best website that gives you an idea of what each professional can earn. I am not aware of Aussie companies doing telephone interviews as in the USA.

The process here is that they take a copy of your visa before they can even interview you.

Maybe other members who have more contacts in this filed can give you more advice..

Regards,

C

4. sky98

sky98 New IL'ite

Thanks Coral, for your wishes and for your answer about PM. Will go through the thread.
    Thanks
    Sky98

5. Smita4679

Smita4679 Senior IL'ite

Thanks Corallux for your wishes and prompt reply :).
    Any one else in the forum(who are aware of software openings in Oz), can you provide responses to my questions?

6. loveshack

loveshack New IL'ite

Hi there!
    I've found out that Mainframe jobs are more in Sydney than Melbourne,and java seems to be more popular.For average salaries in IT in Melbourne,visit
    SEEK Salary Centre - Information Technology in Melbourne Salaries

Some companies do offer telephonic interviews,but a final face-to-face interview is almost always required.
    Good luck!

7. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Hi Smita,

Just keep visiting this forum & someone who is more familier with your job-type query may come up with more info....

Regards,

Corallux

8. Smita4679

Smita4679 Senior IL'ite

Hi Loveshack -
    Thanks for taking the effort to do a search and post the link for the salary range. I appreciate it..

And Corallux - I shall surely be going thru the forum often...i find it both interesting and informative..;-)

9. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

No worries Smita,

Do feel free to contribute something in a post/thread if you feel we can help you better.

Regards,

Corallux

10. Sanjna

Sanjna New IL'ite

Hi everyone

today is my first day on this thread. i am planning to come melb next month. i need some guidance plz. little bit scared.:hide:

thanks for your time everyone