1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Am I silly??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Suhania, May 30, 2013.

1. Suhania

Suhania Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Am here after a long time...
    Just wanted to get some suggestions / ideas from IL to overcome the situtaiton

Am marrried for 15 years and its a love marriage! Have two beautiful grown-up daughters
    We have quite happy / sad moments in life as usual like others:bonk
    But then I would like to stress upon one thing - HE LOVES ME "n" TIME MORE THAN I DO :thumbsup... Such a caring person...

Now, My problem is, whenever there is a family gettogether (mostly it will be his family), he treats his elder sister in a very (!!!!) loving manner. Say for eg.. He praises her like, there is no one like my sister, I am there for you akka, dont worry, No one can part us..... etc. etc... Sometimes, he kisses and hugs her too in front of all others... But he never does that with his younger sister (Both the sisters are married and have 2 big kids)

Well, this is my problem.. I feel very possessive about this.. I hate him whenever he does that.. I don't know whether its silly to feel this way...Just becaus of his behaviour, I feel insecured in case of such family get-to-gethers...I am hesitant to be a part of his family get togethers

Can you ladies tell me
    How you people will feel if you are in my situtaiton?
    how to handle this situation. should I talk to him or change my attitude towards this... PLEASE HELP.. AM TOTALLY DOWN!

2. Telja

Telja Silver IL'ite

Since you told that you already have two daughters and he loves you more than you do so I feel its just like caring brother way doing it .. if again you feel some difference then probaly in some good time and mood you can convey your matter in nice way so that he will understand your love and care .. doing sunch thing in so open is kinda hurting for all partners

3. Suhania

Suhania Senior IL'ite

Thanks Telja, even I though of talking to him, whenever he is in good mood

1 person likes this.
  4. Suhania

Suhania Senior IL'ite

Dear ILs, please let me have your advice too...

5. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

I don't see any problem in hugging your siblings once in a while. I could do with a hug myself...but unfortunately me and my sis are not close and have never been the hugging types!

6. Suhania

Suhania Senior IL'ite

HI Parvathi,
    If its only hugging, I have absolutely no problem.. Iam matured enough to handle that.. But since it also involves all such talks, kissing etc... I am a little irritated...

7. superwoman09

superwoman09 Gold IL'ite

Well I guess you should just ignore it. Maybe he is just close to his elder sister and misses her a lot. It shouldn't bother you since you yourself said that he loves you more than you do. If you are worried about how younger sister will feel you can ask him when he is a good mood about that and also stress that younger sis will not like it.

1 person likes this.
  8. maya84

maya84 Gold IL'ite

I dont think there is anything to worry here.
    We realize the depth of certain relationships after a phase of life. Might be the same would have happened to your husband and he want to show his love to his sister. I don't find anything wrong in that. I think it is just your possessiveness which is making you feel uncomfortable.

Just think yourself in your husband's position and how you might feel if your husband is having issue in you showing your love towards your sibilings.

9. maya84

maya84 Gold IL'ite

By the way , what is the age difference between your husband and his sister ?

10. KilaliAnju

KilaliAnju Guest

Is the elder sister older then him too and if how many years? Maybe she took bit care of him when he was lil or the age gap between him and this sis is less compared to the other one what made them grow closer... specialy when she is older then him i guess... (if much oldr even maybe motherly relationship?)
    If you are botherd a lot i wud actually try to tell him sweetly that the other sis might be bit jealous /uncomfy or such so he can hold tiny lil bit back from older to not put difference in public between any of them :p :p so you are not the "jealous" one but the "caring for his sisses feelings" one ;)

and congratz for such a loving towards you hubby even after so many years :) :) your lucky :)

very cute avatar pick btw :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2013