Plz dont delay in pregnancy

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Telja, May 28, 2013.

1. sasirekhaG

sasirekhaG Senior IL'ite

yes i agree with you frnds.. but till how many years we can wait???... Because i got married 2 years ago...

2. Telja

Telja Silver IL'ite

my message is that should not wait for any to have kid.. soon after marriage should start.. more delay more complications

3. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

I was having these same thoughts from past few days as I got to know of 2 of my good friends are TTC since couple of years. Both these friends have been married around same time as me. Luckily I was pregnant with my DS within 6 mths of marriage....

Both initially adopted family planning measures & one of them even had asked me why I did not enjoy married life for atleast a year. Thank God I did not think such things then......but I really pray for both to be blessed with LO soon.

3 people like this.
  4. ashwinid01

ashwinid01 Gold IL'ite

Sorry Op, but i cannot agree with you. I ll repeat what my Gynac told me when i said i feel guilty for not wanting a child in initial years of my marriage. She told me problems dont come up in body just because of planning, if it is there then it's there from before. Until and unless one crosses 30 age limit planning shouldn't harm.

I suggest all newly weds to visit gynac and know their body and its functioning well. Plan accordingly as the doctor suggests. Have a healthy diet,exercise well and think of kids when they are mentally prepared and understand their spouse completely.

2 people like this.
  5. pdarshini

pdarshini Silver IL'ite

I dont know whether its true or not that we may get pregnant immediately if we try in the initial yrs...I am married for 3 n half yrs...this yr we planned for a baby..i tried for three months...I got pregnant in april...i always rely on my cervical mucus...unfortunately i miscarried at 7 weeks...went to the doc yesterday to hear the bad news that i miscarried...sometimes i too feel that if i had tried earlier it would be easy...from my thoughts i feel that in the initial yrs of marriage we have more interest towards intercourse...we need not even check our fertile days in that time and there is always an abundant supply of sperms in our body so can be conceived easy but in later years we dont do it regularly(on a daily basis)so better to study about our body and give it a try in those days...

3 people like this.
  6. anahita5

anahita5 Gold IL'ite

I disagree. One should have kids when both the partners are ready to have kids. The only diffrence with age is the number and quality of eggs produced. Most infertility problems are from the get go like tilted cervix, or pcos, or incompetent cervix etc. Our lifestyle does not support health, we will be effected. These conditions don't happen as women ages. A visit to a gynec would help more than just trying for babies early. Say you are 25 and have pcos, you had pcos when you were 18 , when you were 23 and now, it is just that it was not detected. supply of eggs and sperm still works but if you don't do the act when you are ovulating, it won't work.

7. DinkyManoj

DinkyManoj Silver IL'ite

I too feel that during the initial days of marriage there will be more of love and interest without the corcern for getting pregnant and other worries.as we age our worries start increasing bout work, house chores etc same is the case with our husband, so the production of viable sperm gets affected thereby affecting pregnancy. With tension and pressure in our mind the no. Of diseases in our body increases and along comes infertility. So it's better to plan for pregnancy earlier as it depends on our DH also.at least try not to prolong beyond one year.

Regards
    Dinky

8. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

Same pinch DG.
    Yes op, although having a baby is all in gods hands and yes there are people who don't take cautions but still struggle for baby but I feel there are many more who avoid having kids and take pills and unfortunately some even go for abortion as they feel they are not ready for kids( yes people do that and I know two couples who did so and now one is struggling since last three years:( )
    Well I feel that having a a baby is not the sole aim of marriage and the couple should take some Time to know each other and also be financially and psycologially be ready for a baby but I also strongly feel that we should not wait for more than year and specially when the woman is on the wrong side of twenties.
    Also we should get a medical check up done and than take family planning measures by consulting with a good doc instead of doing what we think is OK.
    Pcos etc dont happen in a month , they have been there from long time but women usually don't worry about abnormal period cycle, weight gain etc till they don't have baby even after trying hard. Then they visit doc and find pcos and then feel that they wasted time because now pcos treatment takes time and ticking biological clock makes them stressful which harms TTC phase even more.

As from my personal experience in initial years we have sex to enjoy the intimacy with each other so chances of pregnancy is more as both the partners are relaxed but later when you are trying for baby the sex becomes a mechanical and you worry more about ovulation days etc which can be very stress full.
    So yes you are right about trying early , but if you want to wait then do get a bi yearly check up to be in the best of physical and mental health so that if someone has some issues they are diagnosed and treated at the earliest.

1 person likes this.
  9. peeks

peeks Gold IL'ite

Good luck with your pregnancy, and yes I agree not to wait too late, not just because it gets harder to conceive, but taking care of a baby/ kids is very energy draining and the older we get, the harder it is to keep up. You will be surprised how much more you can do in your 20s vs 30s vs 40s.

2 people like this.
  10. mrithulanaren

mrithulanaren Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    trying from day 1 of the marriage or after a year or 2 is purely depends on the couple's financial as well as family situation. they can consult a gynec and depends on the female partner healthy cond and age factors decision should be taken.. my personal opinion is if both are healthy i.e good sperms and healthy bmi and good eggs within 6 months u can find success.. so before TTC make urself fit apart from whether it is day 1 or year 1.

in my case i did blunder of not taking pcos seriously and wasted 1 year...
    later within 3 month of TTC conceived in clomid cycle but unluckily miscarried at d end of first trimester..
    almost 2 years crossed after D&C still now no success even hsg also normal..

Both the partners pl consult ur gync, understand ur health status then take take decision...

-mrithula