1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Advice needed for Edison apartment

Discussion in 'Indians in Edison' started by vim123, May 12, 2013.

1. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi vim,

Try Oxford arms, they have shuttle service.

From Rivendell and Edison village&blueberry village, its walking distane from their apartment to station. You can even drop at station and keep the car for your purpose during peak winter.

Metchuen you might get daily parking.But Metropark is pretty is big one, you get monthly parking within 2-3days.

All the best.

2. JeyaEdison

JeyaEdison Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Oxford Arms is the best compared to Durham woods, rivendell, in terms, of amenities, and everything. They have free shuttle to train station. But I'm in the Ground floor, and I find lots of centipedes, and silferfish. I wish someone had written about it as I would have avoided this unit completely. Not sure about 2nd floor and 3rd.
    Otherwise, its good, big washer and dryes, free shuttle. But personally for me, I can't compromise on those irritating bugs for those comfort. If you're okay with it, then its a great place not just in Edison, I would say in Nj.

3. vim123

vim123 New IL'ite

Thanks Usha and Jeya for your replies,

Do they have any timings for the shuttle, is it frequent? because my husband sometime work late.
    Also i just saw that the oxford arms bumped the rent a little bit, do they do it often?

also can you please tell if i have to take 2 bedroom if i have a baby,looks like many apartments make it mandatory to take 2 bedroom if i have baby above 1 year.

Hi Jeya, i hope they fixed your bug problem, can you please comment on their maintenance,

Thanks again for your replies, it really helps me.

4. JeyaEdison

JeyaEdison Bronze IL'ite

Normally, its mandatory to take 2 bedroom if you have a kid, but many don't.
    Centipedes and Silverfish - those can never be fixed no matter how many times those exterminators come.i

As I said earlier, this is by far the best apartment in Central NJ, for its location & amenities, no complains on the Maintenance. My only problem is Silverfish - those are the insects with 100 legs which crawls everywhere from the kitchen bedroom, closet....I'm sick of it. I wouldn't have come to this apartment if I had known earlier. But many here don't mind the 100 legged creature, so its up to you. Again I'm not sure about 2nd/3rd floor. Only 1st floor they have carpet though. If someone from 2nd/3rd floor could comment, it would be great.

Are the other folks from Oxford Arms seeing this Centipedes and Silverfishes? I'm sure there is plenty, because of the nice landscaping here, many plants, tree bushes in the park like surroundings.
    If someone has actually eliminated it for good, please post it here. I'm stuck with this problem.

5. vim123

vim123 New IL'ite

Hi Jeya,

Thank you so much for your reply.
    I left a message for Oxford arms last week but they haven't called us back yet.
    Hoping to reach them again next week.

Are you aware of any family with babies(less than 2 year) staying in 1 bedroom there, so far wherever we called they are asking us to take 2 bedroom even with 1 year baby. We really dont need 2 bedroom right now :(

Thanks again everyone for your help.

6. Hemamuru

Hemamuru New IL'ite

hi vim,

Here there are so many Indians with one kid are staying in one BB apart. So tell them you are sending your kid to india for long vacation (for a year), if u r working tell that u will go for job, or if your are dependent, tell them u will do your higher studies, so you are sending you kid to india,

7. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

VIM 123
    Hidden Valley= closer to metro park
    Blueberry/Edison village - closer to edison station.

Then there apartment communities, like rivendell, oxford arms which are somewhat close. Rivendell do not have any shuttle service, but they do have cockroaches unlimited. The floor plan of rivendal is big. Oxford arms is good, but do not move with a thought of depending on shuttle service. The shuttle service in oxford arms is not very frequents and is only during peak hour. So if your DH has some project release or not in a 9-5 role and has to stay late regularly, he can only rely on his (legs) or call a cab. There are many people residing in the above and commuting to NYC.

I have stayed in BB for 3 years, and didn't face any bugs or other issues. I had a good experience, so would recommend it. But then I have heard of bugs problem in certain units of edison village.

Any other apartment you need a car or carpool. Even rivendal piscataway is not very walkable unless u get the apartment closer to the gate.

Wishes

8. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Jeya, never heard of this issue in oxford arms. I have a couple of friends who stays in OA, not heard of it. Some of the regular complaints are about the loud noises , fights, door banging, partying etc. from YOU KNOW WHOM

9. sathyapriyas

sathyapriyas Silver IL'ite

hi Laavy,
    this is sathya. we are planning to move to new jersey and we are planning to go n take a look at highlands of southplainfield in piscataway. but could u please tell me how much it would cost for water and trash removal bcoz i heard we have to take care of it along with heat, gas nd electric. i hav got that the community is good n lots of indians which is good... how abt school coz my boy is 3 yrs old. thank u so much laavy...

10. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sorna,

Hi Ladies,

How many are still in Oxford Arms?
    I need some details about apartment and Little Flower Montessori school...

pls do reply me..