1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. nagakriti

nagakriti New IL'ite

Ha Ha!! They are so true!!

2. Minara

Minara Platinum IL'ite

Thank you! :biggrin2: And if she continues her master planning and really tries to ruin my trip, I will bring up the fact that my dad is the one who payed for it and not her adorable son! She was already grumbling while she was here that I would be shopping and collecting stuff to bring with me.. I mean, what does it matter to her? Her son shops and gives her stuff each time we go there! Or even if someone we know goes through!!

2 people like this.
  3. bubblygal

bubblygal Platinum IL'ite

Simply tell her MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!

4. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Just say.... Yes aunty...No shopping and collecting stuff anymore..... everything is expensive.
    I am not planning to buy any gift for anyone (not even you- optional)....And most importantly follow through by not buying her anything.

(grumbling will stop permanently)

4 people like this.
  5. Minara

Minara Platinum IL'ite

haha! that's like the joke of the century! everyone's business is her business!

sounds good.. esp considering each time she comes or we go, she has this elaborate shopping list that grows as her visit lengthens!

2 people like this.
  6. Namita2k13

Namita2k13 Silver IL'ite

I planned to make phone call to MIL today since its a week long gap I talked to them . .... but not able to gather that much courage or will! whole day passed.:hide:

Last edited: May 13, 2013
    2 people like this.
  7. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

flashback pls :-D

1 person likes this.
  8. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

GOOD LUCK, Minara. :p You go, girl!

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  9. jaanu143

jaanu143 Gold IL'ite

I too felt the same before 3 years.....They never waited for 1 week , complaints start flowing after 3 days that I am not calling them....

1 person likes this.
  10. jaanu143

jaanu143 Gold IL'ite

Yesterday a prolonged discussion between DH and me.....In-laws want my parents to call them, but they never....
    Started digging all past incidents....

1) On my seemantham function day, In-laws gave an excuse that my parents did not invite second time (note this), Parents called and invited 2 days before function and in-laws wanted them to call again on function day.....

2) On my cousins marriage in-laws complained that my pedananna just sent card , but did not call

3) On my parents 25th marriage anniversary , in-laws came an complained that my parents did not give tambulam in their style....I dont understand one thing..Y should my mom do thier function in my In-laws traditions?

4) If my parents call and talk to them complain that they dont know how to talk, If they dont complain that they r not talking....

Who r wrong ? Their final aim is to complain , and their dear boy is so blind that also find faults in my parents and started saying "U r a girl , u came to our house after marriage, ladki wale, they should respect my parents"

I replied "I want to say one thing , parents r parents....Before marriage and after , they wont change....U trust urs and I trust mine....I have a responsibility toward ur parents , u ont have that and only thing u can give is respect...If u dont want that even, i dont even want to talk to u abt how to respect topic"

I did not shout and cry and controlled a lot...DH started losing temper that i am responding very softly....Thank to u ladies for making me strong in this.....

14 people like this.