1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

3 weeks girl baby lips are darken

Discussion in 'Infants' started by BuviVishal, May 7, 2013.

1. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,

My baby has born on april 12th.. While she born her lips are normak color. But after starting feeding her lips became more darker and dried because of summer.

Even u am wiping her mouth after every feeding. What could be the reason? Whther my breast aerio color can affect her lips. How to avoid this. Ppls are telling to avoid dryness apply honey i dont think that it wil work. I am wondering ant will come for that smell.

Please direct me to rid this

2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

See honey is used by adults for lightening lips...but babies(below the age of 1)should not be given honey.Just my POV.And babies go through a lot changes in the 1 st year or else you consult your paed

1 person likes this.
  3. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

It is common in feeding babies. As they don't take any other liquid. If they take other fluids it would become normal. After every feed wipe the lips with water and cotton. Best wishes

4. revathib

revathib Bronze IL'ite

hi,

First of all, dont worry... it is very normal ... dont wipe kutties lips too often... just drop 1 or 2 drops on the lips and very gently rub with ur finger...(very gently)and leave it...heard that tn is very hot this summer... take care...

revathi

5. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Thanks for reply..

I am gently wiping by cotton cloth after bfing.

@revathi: you didnt mention what i should drop on her lips.

6. ashyprynia

ashyprynia Bronze IL'ite

dont worry "buvivishal" .......... keep your baby's bed neat and clean & clutter free and you wont have ants problem. Also spread some light color bed-sheet so that things are visible instead of a dark printed one.

well, for the lips... its very common, before delivery actually the mother will asked to wash the nipple area with haldi regularly so that it wont stick to the baby's lips. Even now you can wash yourself that way. Now since the baby's lips are already turning dark, dont wipe them too hard she may feel pain any cracks will disrupt her feed routine. When she is sleeping just apply till oil (sesame oil) (thin layer) and leave it. See if you find any difference.............but you continue to wash the area with haldi everyday.

7. revathib

revathib Bronze IL'ite

after bf just (othii othii) with clean cloth as kutti's skin is very tender... dont ever try to peel if there is dry lips.. just sprinkle with water only on her lips.. and leave it as it is.. so some moisture will be remaining on her lips... dont wipe after this... hope this helps...

revathi

8. radhusankar

radhusankar Silver IL'ite

Hi dear,

As every body said dont apply anything in ur little ones mouth, it is absolutely normal during bf, after bf just wipe her lips with soft cloth, the dark colour will change automatically

9. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Thanks for everyone... I wil do what you peoples did

10. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Hi OP,

Please do not apply anything either to the baby's mouth or to your nipples. My DD's lips kept changing colour the first few months - going from pink to black and vice versa, several times over. They finally settled now to pinkish brown. I do not suggest rubbing anything on your nipples either - you never know whether things are pure/ organic. You really don't want to do your child any harm inadvertently.

Also, I changed my soap when my DD was about a couple of months old and she actually refused to feed from me though she was hungry. After a LOT of analysis and calling the health visitors here, I realized that she got confused with the new smell!! After I washed myself again with my old, bland soap, she started feeding again...