Job situation in germany

Discussion in 'Indians in Germany' started by ajaynair, Dec 27, 2012.

1. ajaynair

ajaynair New IL'ite

Hi friends,

Am Ajay Nair I have completed my graduation (BBA) from Guj University and I was In NZ for 4 years. Am planning to apply for Job seekerz Visa in Germany. Can anyone guide me is it a good option for me and what is the bst city for a non german speaker to find a normal job. ( Unskilled job).

Please suggest. Ur response will be highly apprecaited

Thanks
    Ajay Nair

2. devisa

devisa New IL'ite

hey Ajay

Guess what we are on same boat! I am most likely to apply Visa in March. What about you? We may be a helping hand to each other. What say?

Please contact me through private messages. You can sign up for
    private messages here - http://www.indusladies.com/forums/payments.php

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2013
  3. chris22

chris22 New IL'ite

Hi Ajay,

i dont know exactly how is the procedure for you to get a job in germany; dont you have to find a hiring company first before you apply for a working visa in germany ? I never heard of a job seeker visa, a visa that enables you just to come here and look for a company; do you have the infomation about this type of visa from an offical site issuing visas ?

Best wishes,

Chris

4. chris22

chris22 New IL'ite

Hi Ajay,

yes, there is indeed a Job-Seeker Visa for Germany; check out

Auswärtiges Amt - Studying and working in Germany

or

http://www.india.diplo.de/contentblob/3680654/Daten/2700335/download_visa_InfosheetJobseekers.pdf

You need an academic degree that is recognized and enough funds to maintain youself while staying here.

Note that with that visa you are not allowed to take up work actually. You are only allowed to search and once you find a hiring company you can apply for a work permit.

I guess there is only a tiny chance for you to get such a work permit for trivial (normal, unskilled jobs?) jobs as the situation for simple jobs that require no academic degree is even for native here very worse. So you should look for a job that requires your degree. Make sure that you want do that, as living in germany is very expensive and if you waste your money for 6 months just to find a good job but none finding might be no fun.

Thats my advice; maybe other people have concrete experience with that job-seeeker visa.

Best regards,

Chris

5. KilaliAnju

KilaliAnju Guest

Hey Ajay,
    for a BBA im not sure how much german will be required... about your question about the city, well in Frankfurt are a lot of people from india as in other bigger cities too i wud say but the biggest issue as chris already said will be finding a job here (im staying myself in north germany).
    I agree with the other advices Chris gave too.
    There are several job plattforms in internet where u can seek for jobs and apply, if u have skills in programming that might be good too... is there any special reason why germany? The most who are for unskilled jobs here acutally work in restaurants to be honest. As german is a problem maybe england would be an option for you?
    All the best wishes for you and devisa

6. maapmore

maapmore New IL'ite

Hi All
    so what is the job situation for software Quality assurance engineer as of now?
    Can any one please provide me guidance

7. vedasky

vedasky Bronze IL'ite

hello to all

How to apply for jobs in Germany directly or through consultant from Hyderabad only have to go? How is the position of jobs in testing and erp packages field good, better, best? Is it necessary to learn native language before coming there please please kindly reply my queries waiting eagerly
    Thank u

8. Brahmananda

Brahmananda New IL'ite

Hi Everybody ,

I am a software professional and working in india .
    I am planning to move to germany .
    Does anybody applied for Germany Jobseeker visa and travlled to germany .? Please share your experiences.

Thanks
    Brahmananda

9. hanna92

hanna92 New IL'ite

Hi Ajay

For working in Germany, German speaking skill is must. Only a few jobs requires English based jobs are there.. So, the employers prefer mostly German skilled people. One of my friend finished her basic level german exam and applied for Contract & Freelancer jobs in Germany, she got the job through RekrutIQ Consultant with high pay... So, what i'm stressing here is all about your German speaking skills is preferred everywhere in Germany....

10. hanna92

hanna92 New IL'ite

For working in Germany, German speaking skill is must. Only a few jobs requires English based jobs are there.. So, the employers prefer mostly German skilled people. One of my friend finished her basic level german exam and applied for Contract & Freelancer jobs in Germany, she got the job through RekrutIQ Consultant with high pay... So, what i'm stressing here is all about your German speaking skills is preferred everywhere in Germany....