Intercourse before OPK test turns positive?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by fionashrek, May 6, 2013.

1. fionashrek

fionashrek Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,

I and my husband have been trying to conceive for about 2 months now and I have a question.

Do we have intercourse when the OPK test turns positive or one day in advance? And how many times do we have intercourse?

I normally ovulate on the 19th day. (But it is not 100% predictable.) So, if we have intercourse on the 18th day and the ovulation ends up occurring one day late (on the 20th day), will it be possible that I do not conceive at all?

In the olden times, no one had ovulation kits! They used to go for one honeymoon and immediately have a child! How did it work for them so easily, I wonder :) Just a passing thought..:)

Fiona

2. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

hi! it is advisable to have IC on alternate days starting from day 10 till day 20. you may start this earlier and end a little later. its just your wish.
    alternate days increase your chances of conceiving...

good luck........

3. Swasha

Swasha Gold IL'ite

Dear OP,

After Intercourse(IC) the sperm lives up to 3-5 days in a woman's womb. As per your question, if you have IC on 18th day and ovulation occurs on 20th day, still there are chances for you to get pregnant.

4. pdarshini

pdarshini Silver IL'ite

Hii

My ovulation also occurs on 19/20 day...I always test my ovulation test while my cervical mucus starts i.e on 3rd day after it starts....i always test positive...we have been trying for 6 months and no success...after ovulation test is positive IC should be done on that day,next day and next next day....