1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My "Tulsi" Plant! Showed me....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by srinivasan_vanaja, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sri,

My granny used to say Tulsi is very auspicious and nothing can go wrong inm that house and i beleive it.Regards.kamal

2. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

Dear Aishu,

Thanks for the reply and comments. So, your wish too like me was taken care of by God. Thanks for sharing your experience here.

3. srinivasan_vanaja

Dear Sathya,

You are right. They come alive with our love. The only language they know is the language of heart which is LOVE. Thanks for the reply.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  4. srinivasan_vanaja

Hi Jaishree,

Thanks for the reply. Great! Keep it up. I really feel nice, being far away from motherland you are able to follow the rituals for Tulsi Plant.

So, Tulsi plant had brought "Unity in Diversity". Long live Muslim Friend.

5. srinivasan_vanaja

Dear Roopa,

Thanks for the reply. Everybody is close to God. You need to discover the proximy, thats it.

Oh oh. Yes, may be due to dust and pollution. Try changing the place. All the best for new Tulsi plants.

6. srinivasan_vanaja

Dear Lalitha,

You are right. When it comes to spending for Gardening, even I got Rantfrom my mother. Not that she is not interested in growing plants, but she was against spending too much on gardening.

Wonderful collection you have. If possible, will be able to post the photograph of that Brahma Kamalam? Aloe Vera - Have you kept it for beauty or are you using it as a herb?

Yes these tulips are really eye catchy and you are sure to forget your low feelings. Thanks for the reply and comments.

7. srinivasan_vanaja

hello dweepa,

Thanks for the reply and comments. Yes, I made it as a narration. We tend to give names when we become closer to plants. I have not yet named my plants. They need to grow some more.

8. srinivasan_vanaja

Dear Kamalji ji,

Thanks for the reply and sharing your granny's saying on Tulsi plant. My Tulsi plant is getting more closer to me.

9. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vanaja,

Well as you rightly said this is "Knowing God week". I am as much an expert in gardening as K.B.Sundarambal is in rock music. But I can appreciate your seeing God in everything.

After all Bharatiyar said,
    Kakkai kuruvi engal jaathi
    neel kadalum malaiyum engal kootam
    nokkum idamellam naamanri verillai
    nokka nokka inba kaliyattam

And did not our upanishads say,
    eeshavashyam idham sarvam which my heroine Sharada quotes in her defence when foreigners accuse us of pantheism.

Your taking care of the tulsi plant is the real sadhana. Activities like this will help spiritual growth rather than a forced reading of scriptures.

All my attempts to sit down for meditation failed. And I wrote this thread,
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/w...ditation-sightseeing-love-and-partiality.html

Nice thoughts, Vanaja.

regards,

10. namitarao

namitarao New IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

I am so happy to read the post. Sadly , my tulsi plant has lost it's leaves. Only stems are remaining. Can anyone pls. tell me how can i take care of it? It is an indoor plant so, i know that it is difficult. But i love it so much. Pls. suggest something.

Thanks
    Namita