Surprise your MOM this MOTHER"S DAY: Mother's Day Contest 2013

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by RiddhimaT, Apr 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. varalakshmi24

varalakshmi24 Silver IL'ite

I am the 24 year old daughter of a 26 year old mother. My mother was born 26 years ago when my elder brother came into this world.Since then, she has been herself only on paper. Her name was an adornment on the nameboard but her deeds named her 'Mommy'. She was from then on a mother and a mother only. She took care of her parents as a daughter, she took care of her in laws as a daughter in law, she took care of my father as a wife , she took care of her sister as a sibling, yet the only title that got affixed to her was that of a mother .
    She cooked and cleaned for us. She read stories at bed time. She sat through our PTA meetings- some times head held high sometime lung low. She took us to movies. She bought us all we ever wanted. she taught us from books . She dressed us in our best. She was to us our angel in disguise. Over time , we grew, she bore the brunt of all our frustrations as teenagers. She was the only target we knew to whom we could direct any insecurity or fear. As we moved ahead in life , we decided she did not need to know everything and we kept secrets from her. She knew all of them yet guarded it better than we ever would. Today she worries all day long and goes to sleep each night with a prayer on her lips. She prays for her children in a far away land. Some nights her prayer is so strong that when we go to bed , we see the silhouette of an angel above our beds.
    If I were to ask for a wish, I would ask my lord one .Please let our mother know that her children would be fine. Promise her that her children will remain safe. Give her a word that her children would be taken care of. Please give her this assurance so that she may sit for a while ,put up her feet and know what it feels to rest. Please give her this assurance so that she may take a day off from her 26 year duty , to take a minute of her life for herself to live her life .

3 people like this.
  2. rashmip

rashmip Senior IL'ite

Dearest Amma,

The word Amma stands for mother accordingly to me it is a reunion of Aathmiya atama(affectionate Soul) throughout the journey of life begins from tiny embryo to till we become great-grand parents we all still are a kids to our mother...Be it be any situation her principles,simplicity,affection ,love ,kind-heartedness is highly incompareable...,though iam a mom today.......still i rely on my life ups-downs and the every moment to share with her this unique quality of any indiviual to behave especially with their mom or any other equilvalent person in their owns life...makes her such abonafide personality in everyones life....lets all thank the god for having such an angle in one's life.

Here I am dedicating the small poem on Mother

Mother is a person who wipes ur tears,
    When u r alone have fear,
    she pacifies u say u dear,
    True friend who is near,
    she sows a seed of harmony
    So that u can end ur tiny agony
    she cares all of us Oh mom dear ur r great
    Iam so grateful to you i should bow to ur feet

P:S: Rhyme on dearest mummy

3 people like this.
  3. aarushreya

aarushreya Gold IL'ite

Hi Mom,

Happy Mother's Day!

On this Mother's day, I want to make you feel special about yourself and being a housewife. Whenever I met you, you said you have nothing special in you. You are just a simple housewife and a mother. But I want to make you and mothers like you feel, how special they are in our lives.

Mother you are the best manager:
    Since you were the eldest at your home and Nani ma(mother's mom) was fighting with her ailment, you learned managerial skills at an early age of 12 years. You are now 65 years old and still not retired from your work. I salute you for this :)

Mother you are the best cook:
    Originally from UP state of India but you are the master chef. Talk of any food whether Punjabi, Gujarathi, South Indian, Rajasthani, Italian, it was finger licking good :)

Mother you the best teacher:
    You not only gave us bookish knowledge but also make us learn very nice facts about love, life, etiquette and morals of human values. I had the ease to approach and ask you anytime.

Mother you are the best consultant:
    At times of decision making, at times of confusions and hardships, you carried away my worries like a silent wave. Your advices always benefited me in something or the other sense.

Mother you are the best doctor:
    When it was difficult to find a doctor in the night, you knew which medicine would suit me. You not only healed my wounds but tied an emotional bandage on them. Thank you for the care that has no other substitute.

Mother you are the best care taker:
    It is not easy to take care of every little thing at home. Small things though important, just slips out of our mind. Mother thank you for taking care of all such things and making my life comfortable and secure under your motherhood.

Now as you can see I have put forward all your qualities. What a multitasking beauty you are and you say, you are a simple woman. You are even much more than what I have mentioned. Next time when we will meet, I want you to feel special about yourself. Yes you are indeed special.

"I Love You Mom":)

5 people like this.
  4. arthimahalakshm

arthimahalakshm Gold IL'ite

this is the poem written by my DD for me:

meri dil ki aarzoo, ( every wish of my heart)
    ho jaati hai tumse roobaroo. (is always known to you)
    main chaahe kuch bhi karoon, (whatever i may do)
    tum saath ho to main naa daroon. (if u r there, i'll not be scared)

kaise chukaungi tumhaare ye karz, (how will i ever repay u?)
    jis tarah pura kiya tumne apna har farz. (for u have always fullfilled ur duties)
    tumpe hai mera pura bharosa, ( i trust you)
    koi nahi is duniya mein jaise. (for the is no one in the world like u)

kaise bataoon main tume, ( how do i tell you?)
    kitni hoon main abhari. (how thankful i am)
    dil karta hai laake rakh doon, (i feel like bringing)
    tumare kadmon main duniya saari. (the whole world to ur feet)

itni aasaani se nahi milti hai, (its very rare chance )
    duniya ki sabse acchi maa. (to get a mother like u)
    kabhi naa bhool paungi tume, (i'll never forget u)
    meri pyari maa. (my dear mom)

2 people like this.
  5. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

My dearest mumma
    Mother's day!! Hah!!!
    I know this is your reaction when we talk about mother's day. You always found this concept of mother's day as too westernized and I am sure you will be even more shocked to read this message from me as out of both your kids I was not so expressive like bhai with my hugs, kisses and I love you mom quotes!! Now also honestly I feel awkward to tell all this to you in person so using IL to tell what I feel about you:)
    You must be thinking what has happened to me this year, mumma this year your little girl has got a little one of her own and has become a mom and this new phase in my life has totally changed my prospective towards our relationship as a mom and child.
    Now ,Where do I start from??
    when I turn back and look you did so many things for me which I think I always took as for granted. As I child I think bhai was more close to you than me.he was a premature baby and the younger one so naturally he was more sheltered .but I don't think you or dad have ever denied me anything because I was a girl , in fact I got equal love and opportunities, if not more ,than bhai:)
    I remember when you learnt to drive car and we were scared to sit with you;),I still can't control my smile when I remember how you almost hit that guard on our campus main gate:) then how you learnt computers and how to use Skype to talk with bhai but instead of logging out you would turn off the computer like a tv,but At every step of life you were ready to learn any new skill by which you could help your children. Although at that time I found it very annoying but now when I think about it I feel so proud that you are a person who was never ashamed of learning and how you taught me that women should be independent and can do anything.
    You are a very bold lady and managed everything when dad was in field postings.
    I read somewhere that when daughters become mothers , mothers become grandmothers and the mother daughter relationship will change forever. I think I can understand it very well now.the way you cared for me in my pregnancy ,I remember you holding my hand in the labour room and were worried about my pains, I could see the concern in your eyes and the smile on your face when you saw your grandchild.
    Now also everyday as I get up at nights to feed or soothe my child you are sweetly looking at me and want to do everything for me.As I put my child to sleep after a feed you are waiting for your child to have a cup of milk:)
    Well our relationship has never been too rosy and we do have lot of arguments now also but I guess we both have toned down and deep in your hearts we both know how much we love each other.
    I know all three of us were badly shaken and heartbroken when dad left us but it was his last words which kept us going and I now I just wish that god grants you a healthy and long life to be with us .I want my kids to know how courageous and amazing their nani ma is:)
    ( and strict too, but somehow I am feeling you are not going to be strict with them ;))
    So this mother's day I thank you for bringing me in this world in the state where daughters were not welcome , for loving me unconditionally , for always being there for me and for tolerating my tantrums but above all teaching me how a mom should be like !!
    Love you mumma!!

7 people like this.
  6. sama2009

sama2009 New IL'ite

Amma,

I do not want to address you as Dear or Dearer or Dearest because 'Amma' is signature for love and always in heart and soul. I do not remember when I first started calling 'Amma' but I remember that is the only word heals all my pain even when you are away.

I loved you like anything since childhood. When I was a kid, could not stay without you even a single day or without looking at you. You never let me go out of your sight and always kept me closer and protected me until my wedding. All of a sudden you send me away, it was very tough in the beginning but I could survive and was able to cope up with outside world, hurdles and difficulties. It proves that you did not raise me into a weaker person.

I traveled so many places and met so many people but never found anyone who can teach me more than you taught me. These teachings have no lessons nor punishments, it is always about love with love and it worked. I am a survivor of life from what I faced and this is because of morals, patience, courage and loyalty that I observed in you from time to time. I wish I could have got all the discipline, kindness, hard work, patience and godly love from you. Only having 5% of hereditary qualities I could lead a reasonable life, what if I could have got 100% of those qualities then I could know the meaning life.

You never taught me to win the world or compete or show pride in helping others. You are my first philosopher. I could have done some amazing things in my previous life to achieve you as my mother in this life.

I could never ask more from God. One cannot return the favor of motherly love but my two wishes now are to, firstly, become more of you day by day by practice and by thoughts because you are my ideal. Secondly, to have you as my daughter in my next life to return the same love and have you experience what I cherished and let you realize what a greatest mother you are!

Always in your heart,
    Yours only daughter

4 people like this.
  7. angela456

angela456 New IL'ite

Dear Maa,Amma,Mom,Mummy,Aayi....
    I remember when I used to cry and become sad,
    You used to remove my tears and make me glad,
    You help me walk my first step,
    You never get angry when anything I break,
    You're my first teacher,philosopher and guide,
    Who had always taught me follow the right side,
    Whenever I need someone to stand beside me,
    You always came like an angel standing beside me,
    Whenever I have need a friend for me ,
    You have always tried to understand and support me,
    You loved me more as I am so dear to you ,
    Forever I will love and give respect to you ,
    Your love affection,guidance and care,
    In the whole world are almost rare,
    You used to help me whenever in need,
    You are the best mother indeed,
    Whenever I feel lonely or sad how do you know?
    Whenever I feel hungry or angry how do you know?
    Perhaps god has given magical powers to you,
    For which you know I am in which mood!
    Your kindness,generosity,and frankness ,
    In the world are found very less,
    Sometimes,I think those who don't have mothers,
    How unhappy and sad would be they,
    They would cry inside and inside,
    But no one to make them glad or stand by their side,
    I pray near the Almighty on this mother's day,
    So that every children have mothers to make them gay,
    Mother's are so important in our lives,
    They remove our pain,sadness and grieves,
    On this mother's day my hearty wishes to you,
    How lovingly you have grown me up,Thanks to you,
    I couldn't express my feelings for how much I love you my mother,
    But it's true I loves you more than any other.:)

1 person likes this.
  8. angela456

angela456 New IL'ite

Dear Maa,Amma,Mom,Mummy,Aayi....
    I remember when I used to cry and become sad,
    You used to remove my tears and make me glad,
    You help me walk my first step,
    You never get angry when anything I break,
    You're my first teacher,philosopher and guide,
    Who had always taught me follow the right side,
    Whenever I need someone to stand beside me,
    You always came like an angel standing beside me,
    Whenever I have need a friend for me ,
    You have always tried to understand and support me,
    You loved me more as I am so dear to you ,
    Forever I will love and give respect to you ,
    Your love affection,guidance and care,
    In the whole world are almost rare,
    You used to help me whenever in need,
    You are the best mother indeed,
    Whenever I feel lonely or sad how do you know?
    Whenever I feel hungry or angry how do you know?
    Perhaps god has given magical powers to you,
    For which you know I am in which mood!
    Your kindness,generosity,and frankness ,
    In the world are found very less,
    Sometimes,I think those who don't have mothers,
    How unhappy and sad would be they,
    They would cry inside and inside,
    But no one to make them glad or stand by their side,
    I pray near the Almighty on this mother's day,
    So that every children have mothers to make them gay,
    Mother's are so important in our lives,
    They remove our pain,sadness and grieves,
    On this mother's day my hearty wishes to you,
    How lovingly you have grown me up,Thanks to you,
    I couldn't express my feelings for how much I love you my mother,
    But it's true I loves my mother more than any other.:)

1 person likes this.
  9. prerna123

prerna123 New IL'ite

mom is one who listens to us for hours without showing any sign of getting bored, even if she doesn't like our talks. the real value of a mom is felt when we our self become a mom and this is something that i can say is because i, myself is a mom f a 5 year old boy and today i can understand about everything what my mom felt and what she did for me as i m doing the same for my little one. through this message i just want to say that mummy you are really very special and i wish the past can come back and i can get some more time to stay with you.

love u mom
    prerna

2 people like this.
  10. Deep78

Deep78 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Amma,

YOU ‘RE THE TREE,IM THE BIRD THAT GREW UP IN YOUR THICKEST BRANCH.

I have seen you struggle. I have seen you persevere.
    And I have always seen you win. You taught me that there is nothing a good heart can’t accomplish.
    You are the women with exceptional courage, great faith and undeniably spectacular energy.. To this day, when
    I struggle with obstacles in life, I always remind myself, how hardworking and persistent my mother was that helps me become stronger and braver, just like my mother.

I always find it very hard to think of you getting 'old' or 'elderly'. It is probably because we practically grew up together, strengthening our bond into far more than the mother-daughter to friends.
    You know, at times , I get that warm feeling inside when I see you within your grand daughters. Amma,if I could be half as good a mother to my children as you are to me , I am sure I will do exceptionally well and this is my Mother’s day resolution.

Even at this age of 40, When no one is listening and nothing seems right, I run to YOU. Just one look is enough from you amma and I would melt.

ONE MOM-ONE DAUGHTER-ONE LOVE
    SUJATHA.

4 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.