Dec 2013 - Moms to be :)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by SaiSmaran, Apr 9, 2013.

1. SaiSmaran

SaiSmaran Silver IL'ite

Congrats aminroop...for your exam results as well as scan results:)

2. tcbhuvana

tcbhuvana Gold IL'ite

No symptoms till now..
    u r lucky..
    here i cant eat anything.. my taste buds are dead because of heavy nausea.. :(

3. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

yeah i know.

4. anuvinay

anuvinay Senior IL'ite

Hello all..

We finally decided to end our tension and go for a private scan as we won't get the usual scan before 12th week. It was an awesome experience. Saw teeny baby and it heart beating. Baby was less than 1 cm so tiny. :)

3 people like this.
  5. SaiSmaran

SaiSmaran Silver IL'ite

Nice to hear that anu vinay....

6. manis

manis Bronze IL'ite

Dear all,

FYI.. I went for one more glucose test, as my previous results were in border. This time it came normal..
    if any of you diagnosed for Gestination diabetis (GD) , pls let me know..

and Dr advised me to go for a Ultrasound scan in a famous center in chennai @ 12W5D that is May28th..
    where they would check for the possibility of downsyndrome and other risks.. Don't have complete details..
    will post once I do the scan.

7. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

Hello would be moms, how are you all doing?

i wish you all a very happy, healthy and safe pregnancy with healthy babies. Please eat well, sleep well and dont stress at all....

you know i love to read all the due date clubs whether or not i belong to one.
    anyway, just wanted to send best wishes to you all..

please take care..

1 person likes this.
  8. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

yeah. anomaly scan is recommended in the second trimester.

9. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Poornima, since you are an MD in pathology can I ask you a question?
    In 2008, my PPD test was negative. In dec 2010, I went to India and had a very severe cough. It was the worst I had. We took a chest X ray and it came out clear. I took medicines but none worked until I came back. In jan 2011, another PPD was done for my course, and I tested positive (10 mm). At that time, my school wanted an x ray dated 1 year within start of program so the chest x ray I took just a month before worked.
    Now I get a call from the obgyn office ( the nurse) that I should have taken chest x ray after the positive test. ( which I knew I should have but because it was just a month before that I had...I didn't take one more and now it has come to bite me)
    The nurse sent my case for high risk review case with the doctors next week. What do you think they would advice me- take a chest x ray now? Would that be safe?

1 person likes this.
  10. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

i think they will recommend an Xray chest to just rule out active/chronic TB. i dont think it will affect the baby if properly shielded. u cud tell the techncian there to see that u r properly shielded. but , ur doc might not recommend it after weighing the risk vs the benifits. and positive PPD doesnt really mean 'disease', it just means 'exposure'. to the agent. in indIA most of us wud test positive. and very few wud actually have TB. since ur prev xray close to the cough episode was clear, its highly unlikely that there will be anything on it this time around.

P.S: u cud try what is known as the interferon-gamma-release test. something like the mantoux. if that is negative, then u need not go in for an xray.