1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

mismatched horoscopes and living happily?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ivlakshmi, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    Has any one of you married with mismatched horoscope say 15 points and living happily. Say wife having kuja dosha and husband dont have any dosha. My friend is in dilema. She got one such match where she likes guy but horoscope not matching. Your views needed.

2. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

Not at all possible

any one of their horoscope must be wrong. in the way of time, zone or while generating the horoscope.

a perfect horoscope will never fail.

There is a chance for girl because female has two horoscope. one based on the birth details and the other one is based on the Puberty details ( Ruthu Jadagam ). If a Female has bad horoscope based on the birth data may get changed based on the puberty data.

we have to analyze completely then only we can say

Our traditional calculation will never fails at any cost.

1 person likes this.
  3. sansmomy

sansmomy Bronze IL'ite

Dear Lakshmi,
    I can surely tell one thing - human relationships are beyond any calculations or science....If both are ready to accept each-other as a 'whole' person and want to make it work with trust, love and respect - it will work no matter what the world says.

Some real life examples I would mention here:

1. My father saw my mum first time and decided to marry her. Caste and social status was in favour, but when they matched the horoscope, panditji said that this marriage will never work. They told that my mother was mangalik and had XYZ doshas etc. They even warned that my dad will have immediate life-threat due to these doshas if he marries her. It was predicted that the marriage will not even last for a yr. Well, my father was very adamant on his decision and he finally convinced all the people (how - thats another long story) and married my mother. They were happily married for more than 30 yrs till my mother's demise made them separated. In my entire life, I never saw them fighting or having any marital issues. They were ideal couple for me and my siblings - a great example of beautiful companionship and love. Both of them always taught us to only believe in love and mutual respect.

2. My sister married for love in other caste. Neither of parents side checked horoscope for this marriage. My BIL is a gem of a person and both (my sis and BIL) are enjoying their happy married life since last 13 yrs without any major issues.

3. I married for love and my PILs side was keen on horoscope. Though we refused, they still matched it. It revealed that we were a very poor match for each-other and our marriage may not work. Good thing is they did not force this finding on us and we got married. I must mention that life has been a bliss with my DH. We love each other deeply and nobody can believe (by looking at us) that we are married since 10yrs. We never had any marital issues. I geled super-well with my in-laws and all his relatives. We are sure to walk the long path of life together with trust, love and respect for each-other.

4. My close relative got married with proper horoscope matching. All was predicted well and she still suffered mental and physical abuse for yrs (fortunately, now she is divorced from that meniac). I have seen some more examples like this.

In my opinion - matching or mis-matching horoscopes can not "garuntee" success or failure of any marriage. Each person has a behaviour pattern, personal preferences, tolerance lmits and capability to love/respect --> Marriage decision (with whom-when-how) should be based on this.

Luv,
    S.

27 people like this.
  4. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

Mine is a love marriage. My FIL said something very beautiful when my parents went to discuss about matching our horoscopes. He said, "Had it been an arranged marriage where the compatibility of the boy and the girl isn't known, I would have insisted on matching horoscopes. Since their hearts have already matched, I don't see why other things need to be seen." I totally loved that bit :) Strangely, the things predicted by my horoscope matched predictions by a palmistry expert, yet none of those things happened in my life!

I know of a case too where horoscopes were checked by both the boy's and the girl's side by eminent astrologers and was supposed to be a terrific match. However, the guy was barely interested in the girl as he was having an affair on the side. There was a lot of emotional and financial abuse by him and the MIL. Finally, (much to the girl's relief) he passed away in an accident. After nearly 7 years of this mishap she married someone else (arranged without matching horoscopes) and has been living happily for the last 5 years or so.

Perhaps there are several excellent marriages where horoscopes were matched etc. Since horoscopes are based on the time of birth, any little change in recording the child's birth details could have huge variations in the findings. I feel this is more a matter of sentiment these days. If you trust everything will go well, I guess they will.

7 people like this.
  5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Practically speaking, we Christians, and Muslims never match our horoscopes for marriage. In fact, we do not have our horoscopes written.

We are also living the same live as others, with equal number of happy marriages and failed marriages. For me, horoscope doesn't make a difference in a marriage, if that is such important, then why such marriages (those mainly depend on horoscope match) become a failure and or issues in the marriages?

12 people like this.
  6. pranatim

pranatim Platinum IL'ite

Totally agree with SGVB chirstians and muslims never match horoscop i keep saying the same to all. But here mostly in south india people are very much rigid about horoscope why god knows.

1 person likes this.
  7. vini31

vini31 Gold IL'ite

when everything is going beautifully in the marriage, every success sought of is got with ease, and failures do not go to the extend of rubbing faith ppl dont go to check on the horescopes for both arranged or love marriage ... only when failures go to the extend of breaking faith ... it is very human to go to astrologers ....

I doubt if there would be even 1% of the population who goes to an astrologer with his horoscope asking him what is it in his horescope that makes his life filled with peace and prosperity

if your faith in God (which ever religion ) is strong then horescope does not come into the pic

2 people like this.
  8. nandita24

nandita24 Gold IL'ite

Marriages are supposed to be made in heaven; then why match horoscopes? Secondly, whether one matches or not, there is something called destiny anyway.

In the Vedic times there was no matching of horoscopes. Have you read about any such thing in Ramayana or Mahabharatha or even in our innumerable Puranas? These practices along with many others (including undesirable ones) came later when the Mughals and British ruled India.

Hindu society is an ever-changing, evolving and dynamic society. That's the very reason you ask questions and others give their views. (Incidentally, anyone can have genuine questions regarding any practice and have that freedom to hold those views without anyone attacking you for it.) This I feel is the most important element of Hinduism. There is complete freedom in your choice of practices (smrithis); while the eternal human values (sruthis) remain a constant.

However astro-matching works for many people. But we we must approach all this with a certain amount of intelligent practicality and common sense. Nothing must be rigid in the name of customs, traditions, culture or religion; or other compulsions. Then everything will be fine, if we approach everything with an open mind.

Nandita

9. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

yes nanditha..there were no horoscope matching checked specially for kings marriages.. but the science was in place and was in use.In those days there was no restriction of number of marriages a man can make.

10. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

they say 'manaporutham' nullifies ecvery other dosham that exists.

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.