Trying to Conceive: Support group for Women

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by hemasiva, Mar 4, 2008.

1. PoorniDaya

PoorniDaya Senior IL'ite

Re: Can anybody have problem like me

Dear Purvi and Yamu,

Please have no negative feelings. Trust in God. You'll both be blessed.

Try and make some changes in your lifestyle. As Yamu has written, Purvi, you also could take to yoga or any physical exercise. Dry ginger and badam are cures for infertility i read somewhere. So, try this.

Dry ginger - 1small piece
    dhania - 1 tbsp
    cardomon - 5-10 ( if u like the flavor)
    pepper - 1tsp

(Make in small quantities, say for a week or two)

Grind them and mix 1tsp of that pwd with a glass of warm milk every night, with palm sugar (panam karkandau, the brown crystal like stuff). Both husband and wife should drink.

Have 5 badam each of you everyday, preferably in the morning. This could help. Also try and get to eat healthy food. Go thru the forum you will find a person who has written how she went the organic way and made things work for her.

There is hope gals, so no worries.Harhar

But Prayers will help the most!

God bless the two of you.

Regards
    Poornima.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  2. purvi n. raval

purvi n. raval New IL'ite

Yes i strongly believe that God is always there.
    Thanks a lot for the reply.

3. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Hi Purvi,
    As the others have said - try to get involved in other things, please dont spend all your time worrying abt getting pregnant. Stress is the number 1 enemy to conception - both for you and your DH. I would also suggest buying an ovulation prediction kit and using that to help you know when the best time for trying is. And esp since your DH had low counts at some point limit sexual acivity to your fertile period in order to conserve and build up the sperm count. This article may help
    Tracking fertility through bodily changes - Fertility and Infertility: To Be or Not To Be … | Nutrition Health Review | Find Articles at BNET.com Good luck!

Vanathi.

4. Sdevir

Sdevir New IL'ite

Ofcourse i had problem just like u. Infact i tried for 4 yrs after i got married. The only thing i can tell you is that if u have insurance here please get yourself & ur husband completely checked for any problems. 40% of the time the reason is male infertility. without knowing that we keep accusing ourselves & try taking all kinds of medn's which doesn't help us anyway as its not us who has the problem. So the first thing is u both should get checked. If ur hubby has sperm issues like mine did no matter what u eat or take will help u conceive when its ur husband who is actually supposed to eat them. So do a semen analysis first & then take it from there. u can see the diet we followed in "got preg against all odds" thread.

Sdevir

5. veen

veen Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I am also with similar kind of problem but for second one. First kid conceived w/o much problems. But trying to conceive for second but not happening, somewhere I read it is difficult to conceive after 30 ++ yrs. Did anyone had problem conceiving second child ? I need yr suggestions.

Thank you !

6. sridharani

sridharani New IL'ite

Trying to conveive from 2 years

Hi,

We are trying to conveive from 2 years and with no luck. we went to a gynecologist and she has done the following:

1. On first visit, Physically verified me and said everything was fine..Asked me to chart my temperature to know about my ovulations..
    2. On second visit, verified the chart and said ovulation is good and asked me to come for the post-coital test on next visit. usually i will ovulate on 8th of every month accoding to the chart, but, she has suggested me come on 1st?? When i have posed the question, she asked me to come on either 1st or 2nd.. I know about this test.. But bit worried that we do not have a child yet..

Pls advise..

7. ManuuRaghuu

ManuuRaghuu Senior IL'ite

Re: Trying to conveive from 2 years

Hi Sridarani,

Check with your doctor again regarding the procedure.She will definitely make you understand what she wants to do and how it will help you so that you will not have any confusion and can relax.Chillout!

It is not good to have a restless mind . It will not help you. Keep other avagations like listening to good music / or taking care of yourself . Enjoy this precious time with your husband by going on trips/sightseeing . :goodidea:

There is a time for everything.

Have a Nice Time,

ManuuRaghuu

8. easy

easy Gold IL'ite

hi,
    It is not enough that you are undergoing the test alone. Has your husband undergone any test regarding his Sperm Quality. As you know when it comes to infertility around 50-60% causes are also becos' of male reasons.If not done already,So pl ask your husband to undergo a semen analysis or consult a urologist to check if everything is fine from his end.
    You still have a lot of time.so dont be tensed. be positive.
    all the best
    Sowmya

9. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi,

really do not know much to advise but definitely know that u should not be thinking of it all the time..be relaxed and enjoy yourself...make the most of this time in your life..all the very best to u

mindi

10. ilovebabies

ilovebabies New IL'ite

Hi,
    I am ttc since last 1 year. recently went to gyneac. and started with the tests. so far they have done the following tests with us:
    -physical examination - everything looks okay
    -asked to chart BBT- getting biphasic pattern(doc. comment: as good as a text book)
    -my bloodwork - everything is okay
    -husband's semen analysis - okay
    -another test with semen - don't know results yet
    -post coital test - Iovulate on 13 or 14 day of my cycle. PCT on 12th day was negative and on 13th day was positive.
    -diagonostic laparoscopy 2 weeks ago on 7th day of cycle - everything was okay.
    Now we are waiting for our next app.

I would suggest you ask doctor questions to clear all your doubts abt the procedure, tests and the treatment.....
    Goodluck to you.