Do u need help for interior design free of charge?

Discussion in 'Pune' started by renvem, Nov 25, 2009.

1. renvem

renvem Senior IL'ite

i have done the interiors of my house and will be happy to assist anyone who needs help and is situated around Aundh or Baner in pune

2. S0na

S0na Senior IL'ite

Hey dear,
    Plz suggest me with some furniture designs specially living room and Dining table.
    Do you know someone who can design the furniture as per our needs with really good finishing like the showroom ones..
    There are so many furniture shops in Aundh and Baner,,Just dont know where to go ?? :bonk

3. Shilpak2303

Shilpak2303 Senior IL'ite

Hi renvem

I am sure you are writing this after receiving compliments for doing up interiors of your home.
    So let me also compliment you, though i have not seen it :)

I am currently aborad, but plan to return to India shortly and then furnish my new house in Baner myself - without help from professional designer that is. It would be lovely to have help from a friend .

Shilpa

4. renvem

renvem Senior IL'ite

hello there

i am accessing this after a long time...was on a vactation and kept myself strictly away from the computer....

sure sure...i'll be more than happy to assist....let me know when u are back and i'll meet you

i have done my house with the help of a designer....i didn't have time then as i have a regular IT job that keeps me more than busy :)

but i am planning to start something so that i can free from the IT clutches once i have a setup of my own

the finishing of the house interiors is better than the showroom ones...and i know a lot of intricate details now to help anyone with the planning

u just drop me a note

5. renvem

renvem Senior IL'ite

dear sona...i share the same pet name as u :)

i have quite some designs for the living room...will post these from home either today or tomm

i know some people who do it...the designers are usually very costly...i paid a huge sum sometime back and am confident of doing better than them now :)

i am starting my first project very soon in Baner...that happens to be my mom's place :)...luckily she has permitted me to redesign it...i am completely redoing it and it's a very good challenge as the philosophy in the this project is re-use...i am going to redesign things instead of doing fresh things and discarding old ones

the carpentar who did our work was really good and a very genuine person...once i start mine...u can also get in touch with him...he's from bombay and rightnow somewhere in the interiors of Maharashtra doing some bunglow...

u do get a vry good quality from furniture done at home...we went with Veneer finish from the living and dining rooms...and it doesn't look any different from the finish that u see in showrooms...infact those's who've been to showrooms find it better :)...

veneer can give a solid wood finish if done properly....infact these days u do get textured laminates too which have a coarse feel and can give a look of solid wood furniture...

things done at home are better as u can plan the place and fixtures properly...i can understand ur apprehension about the finish but a good carpentar can gurantee u that..there are some fine details that if followed can give u a better finish

another tip that i can suggest it...usage of mdf board over ply....this is very thin board that is pasted on the ply...this surface is then painted(instead of putting a laminate)...a lustre paint finish on ths MDF board gives the finish of a wall....and it so well blends with the walls....these usually done for artificial partitions or lofts doors etc...

paint on the sides of the doors etc are better as it levaes no lines to be seen...i can explain more personally...u can let me know if u need help...righnow i am not charging anything :)...limited period offer ..:)

aundh and baner have severla shops but i never liked them...tangent in aundh is too costly...Ishanya in Yerwada is a place worth a look...amazing variety....try checking out In-Living in Arcade 5...i just loved the collection there....it's solid wood furniture...if u don't have time ...go for their items...they have a wonderful warmth and appeal in their designs...u can check out their website too

for readymade dining tables....checkout in-living, fab india (it has a surprisingly good Dining table designs)...or Ekbote's...it's opening soon in aundh...otherwise there is one on tilak road and they can custom make for u ...

6. incharge

incharge Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sona,
    i read your offer.I Have recently shifted to Pune.We are building our house in Dsk vishwa which is t Dhayri.This ia little distance away from Aundh or Baner.I would be grateful if you could give some

tips about the type of furniture and colour combinations
    Madhuri.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  7. sjkam

sjkam New IL'ite

Hi renvem

I am planning to furnish my 3bhk in aundh mid next year once I return to India. Since the flooring and bathroom work was already done by builder, i am a little concerned about possible damage(scratches) which can occur if carpenter does all the furniture inside the house. Also, since I am planning to stay in the house and get work done(painting and furniture with modular kitchen), i think it will be very slow to get everything done by a carpenter. Do you have any suggestions on what furniture should be made by carpenter and what can be purchased. I am looking for good quality solid wood furniture(long term) at reasonable price. Also, for a modular kitchen with marine ply with budget of 1lac, is it possible to get it done readymade or do I need a carpenter to do it so that it fits in my budget

8. oosha

oosha Bronze IL'ite

Hi dear,
    Its been almost a yr of this post...............
    I am sure you did your interiors.? any suggestions .. pls post pics .. I need help for my flat too.... may be by dec 2012... help.. pls.

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  9. gauravwadnerkar

gauravwadnerkar New IL'ite

Hi There,

Firstly congrats to you for taking up something like this. I am currently out of India planning to return sometime this year. Wanted to check if you would be able to help us on some ideas and with a tentative budget for a 3 BHK flat in Wakad. Also if you don't mind can you send some photographs so we also can take a look at it.

Looking forward to hear from you. Have a happy time with any assignments that you might be working on.

Thanks,
    Gaurav

10. oosha

oosha Bronze IL'ite

hi renvem,

i really need your help...

shall try and PM you....

thanks