Disappointment with second DD gender scan

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by stuti, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Dear Stuti, pls apply don't care policy for some non sensible replies. It will be good for your health, be stress free. Take care!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  2. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

come on stuti, its time to celebrate , not to worry!!..
    You are going to get two angels, I am sure by their gestures they would make your life wounderful...
    You are asking GOD, 'why me/"...Just think about the people who badly want to carry their baby in their hands, people who sleep without their food, shelter..This world carry more miserable people than us...

Am sure, one day you would feel for this thread...so be happy now..you are truely gifted and enjoy this phase..dont do bad thing to your self and to that tiny beautiful creature by having this miserable thought in your mind.she is watching you...please move on...

3. DinkyManoj

DinkyManoj Silver IL'ite

Hey I am very happy to hear that things are changing for you, hey I personally know how it feels when you come to know tat your mom n dad expected you to be a boy child, cos it happened with me, sorry rats why I felt really bad reading your post. Please don't ever mention your thought to your baby yet to be born, cos it's very difficult to digest and forget the fact that your parents wanted a boy not you. Hope you understand dear.
    Be very happy dear, your happiness brings joy to your baby and every one around you.

Regards
    Dinky

1 person likes this.
  4. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

The OP's address is clearly mentioned as US (as also noticed by you) and also i think she might be knowing the Indian laws too.

Her problem needs mental strength as an antidote and hope she is gaining that also now. So in that sense it is not necessary to teach her the Law at present.

Even if your disclaimer says that you are not threatening her, i think, this kind of serious advice is not needed in this situation. She needs only supportive/heeling words as 'just to take the life as it is' and that are given my many of our ILties here.

2 people like this.
  5. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

I wrote it because even after you said you are changing, you mentioned to someone " how can you understand others' pain?" So having your daughter inside you and not a son is a pain. Reading this itself is giving me pain.
    Now who is judgmental? And who is cursing....me or you? Anyway I'm done with this thread.
    I wish you and your daughter happiness.

2 people like this.
  6. anjanag

anjanag Platinum IL'ite

I have two boys and I was also very upset when I found out that the second one is also a boy. Now I can't think of a day without him. Boy or girl - it doesn't matter. Pray to god to get a healthy baby. Also I have heard that girls will be there for a lifetime, boys will be there till they get married :) I hope that won't be the case with my fmly :)

7. mp1234

mp1234 Gold IL'ite

Hi IndianGuy,

I think some people really do not appreciate good,sincere advice.Pls do not waste time.She could have managed with a sweet "thanks" rather than the big post which smacks of ignor(arrog)ance.

@stuti...You could have taken his advice as a genuine one.Could have said a heartfelt thankyou rather than rubbing him off in a wrong way.Maybe he is sincere in his post.He is wasting time to advice you .You could have taken it like an elder brother's advice.Please have some courtesy to say some kind words.No harm...

All the best to you.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
    4 people like this.
  8. stuti

stuti Junior IL'ite

The whole thread is being drifted off to altogether a different topic and the primary motive of my seeking help is lost.
    But I sincerely want to say thank you to some of very supportive and humble ladies here who understood me without judging me.
    I am healing, I am feeling much more confident and I am very sure that I will love my 2 precious angels more than anything in the world. Will definitely post a pic of my angel when she is born :)
    Thanks ILites for being there for me.
    Moderators, you can close this thread if you feel the need to. I have moved on :)

2 people like this.
  9. Livinglife

Livinglife Silver IL'ite

Stuti,

I think you dearly love your unborn girl and will love her to bits when she is born, just like you love your older girl. And this is why you are all the more upset with god for putting you in this place, where you love the baby but also feel disappointment towards her. I personally think you are entitled to your feelings, even though the may not be the most politically correct feelings. I am having a bad day myself and finding it very difficult to write further, I just wanted you to know I understand how you feel.

1 person likes this.
  10. stuti

stuti Junior IL'ite

Thank you livinglife . You just summarized my situation so perfectly . thats exactly how it is ... i love little one so much but 'was' disappointed initially. i sure love my babies n immensely happy while the unborn one is kicking inside me.
    I wish you feel better soon whatever is troubling you at this moment. My wishes are with you .

Hugs

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.