Is it ok to eat outside food sometimes during pregnancy?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by galwidpassion, Apr 24, 2013.

1. galwidpassion

galwidpassion Silver IL'ite

is it okay if i eat restaurant food once? Am in my 4th month and till now have not ate any where outside.
    My taste buds are kind of dead and I have super craving for hot hot paranthas and chinese -like momos,noodles etc.
    Is it okay if i eat outside once? When i cook food at home,the smell is getting me and am not able to eat it anymore. Still am maaging some how.
    But now this super craving has started. Advise me pls

2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Paranthas are fine but take care when you are eating chinese food.i am sure you know to all kind of chinese food ajinomoto is added.Once in a while is fine but still dont make it a habbit.
    So take care..

3. archusirur

archusirur Silver IL'ite

Eating out once in a while is fine during pregnancy.. I have a baby girl who's gonna be 1 next month.. :) I was really craving for pani puris wen i was pregnant! Try avoiding Chinese food as it contains ajinomotto which is harmful for the baby.. Congrats in advance for ur baby! :)

4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I am also 4 month pregnant with my second child. I am a working woman, staying in a hostel since I conceived due to some onsite working assignment. I am expecting a transfer to my home soon.

Having said that, I eat 3 or 4 times outside of my home since I conceived. I make sure, the restaurant I eat is clean and neat, the items I eat is balanced and healthy, and that supports my stomach too.

There are many pregnant woman, those are career oriented, and have no time to spend at kitchen always eat out in cafeteria or restaurant. They are fine... But they always makesure that the food they eat is clean, healthy and matches with their stomach.

It is not applicable for the road side eating... they are mainly unhealthy, and any infections could lead to serious problems during pregnancy.

5. shiltalks

shiltalks Silver IL'ite

Go to places where the food has not affected you in the past. There should be no problem in eating out as long as the place is clean.
    It's difficult to ignore pregnancy cravings :)

6. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

I can understand your craving for pranthas as in my first trimester i ate aloo prantha f for breakfast lunch and dinner. But dh was concerned for food from outside and finally he learnt to make yummy pranathas ,lol and would make on weekends :) also i was very sleepy and very nauseated to even go to cook and dh was super busy. He would make bread and oats etc for breakfast and also tried to cook meals but it used to get difficult. So he would get some curry and subji from out and we made rice at home. ( we had a amazing north Indian restaurant who served good food and since we became so regular customers , they gave discount also:) , god bless them for being my saviour in pregnancy)
    So you can eat at places which look clean, as anyway nothing can be as clean as home food:)
    But yeah I would say no to Chinese food, it has ajinomoto which is very dangerous for the baby.
    I third trimester I also had dared to have samosa and chat :) but only once in a while.

7. stuti

stuti Junior IL'ite

You can definately eat out once in a while.
    I am in 5 th month and I usually eat out once a week - Thai, Indian, Mexican...all cooked foods if prepared in a decent place are ok. Just avoid raw fruits and juice etc. You should be fine.