1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Brother in law changed

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by ladiesinindia, Apr 20, 2013.

1. mimi77

mimi77 Gold IL'ite

Its no big deal....go for the wedding and enjoy yourself.......If you sit back with your ego, you will never be able to have a good relation with ur co sis even later in life.........So grow up and there are certain things in life which you should just let go.............Cheers

2. Decentguy

Decentguy New IL'ite

I think you highlighted a valid point. I am anti-dowry too...

Dowry....ahh.....the bread and butter of every Indian marriage isn't it?

OP - Is your BIL educated or he still believes in dowry? I don't think he should take the dowry if he is educated and have some self respect.

Well ofcourse there are things that comes with the new bride. You can't say NO to that but DOWRY...what a shame..

About your other insignificant issue - I think they "assumed" that your DH will tell you so according to me it is no big deal

3. peeks

peeks Gold IL'ite

I do not see the issue here , they told you husband so they told you too, in effect, I think you should go and be supportive of the occasion , if you start getting petty now it's only going to get worse as time goes by.
    Enjoy the wedding

4. Riyakathir

Riyakathir Platinum IL'ite

in my case... most of the times my MIL tells me most of the matter.. as prak does not give good response... you are already into the family... it is nothing.. it is a very simple thing... you yurself can call and have a casual talk and get details further on the function. they are not calling, might be having discussion on the family, related to all arrangements for the function... comon dont be a child :)

5. ani123

ani123 Senior IL'ite

I would also like to say what others said but I can understand what you are feeling and kinda disagree with what others has to say.

you are a part of family doesn't mean you are non existent.
    you need not be informed everything but definitely this is a good news and need to be shared with both of them.

nevertheless you should definitely go but subtly hint them how you felt. That's the least you can do.

if you don't go, your husband will keep complaining and bring this thing thru out your life and you don't want that. Go for the sake of your husband:)

6. ppriya182010

ppriya182010 Gold IL'ite

This is Indian marriage. Wife has no rights until in-laws perish. They may tell or not tell, its their choice. But to go is your choice. I was never told of anything in the family. Well, I was/will never a part of the family. I held grudge, but I was the loser. Now I am changed, "Inna seithaarai oruthal, Avar naana nannayam seithu vidal" (Do good to ppl who do bad to you. Thats the biggest punishment for them) You know what, it really works sometimes, though not all the times. You be the big person. Thats all. If it punishes them or not, you will feel good for yourself.