1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

pls help...kid beaten by teacher

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by confusedmom, Apr 22, 2013.

1. confusedmom

confusedmom New IL'ite

dear ilites
    iam posting this thread with great expectation of clear my confusion
    my son is going to be five years now. he is in kg2.when he was in kg 1 .i became pregnant and went to india due to some complications. so only three months he went to a reputable school in dubai,after that he went to a cbce school in kerala. there they use mothertongue exclusively in classroom even teachers are also using mothertongue to describe things. now his situation is he can understand what others are saying in english but can't reply

now my problem is this, he got amission in another school in uae. there his teacher is pakistani. he can understand her but cannot reply
    now they introducing cursive letters. so he had some problems while writing this,his teacher is beating him so badly on his face and head to make him write properly
    my son he is so shy .he is really humiliated and terrified
    he is afraid of his teacher and crying so loudly in midnights
    moreover he now develops a negative attitude towards school and studies.

he also thinks that he is a "big zero" as his teacher uses this word several times
    he is writing properly in home but before teacher his hands are shivering

please do help me ladies by giving your valuable replies.my heart is aching and eyes are full while typing this.
    iam hopefully waiting for your replies
    :bowdown

2. IndianQueen

IndianQueen Silver IL'ite

Re: pls help me...kid beaten by teacher

COMPLAIN to the principal, how can u keep quiet at this???????? If no action is taken, tell them u would approach the police. No one can beat the kids....Talk to your husband and ask him to go to the school with you.

3. shiltalks

shiltalks Silver IL'ite

In the UAE, you can absolutely complain about such behavior. Take pictures of your son if the bruises show. Complain to the principal and demand that the teacher is removed from the class. Threaten them that you will report to the Ministry of Education. Don't send your child back till there has been some action from the school's side. If nothing else works, send your child to another school - he cannot be tortured like this!!

3 people like this.
  4. meetmeonline

meetmeonline Gold IL'ite

Re: pls help me..kid beaten by teacher

I like the suggestions from Shiltalks and would like you to work on this. This would work if not then change the damn school...

2 people like this.
  5. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

confusedmom
    please dont put up with such a bad behaviour of teacher...complain to the principal immediately.
    No teacher has the right to hit children.
    And if you still send him to the same teacher daily then it will only harm your child's confidence in the long run.
    Your child needs your support.

2 people like this.
  6. peeks

peeks Gold IL'ite

Remove him from the school , he should not have to put up with this, get the teacher fired!

7. internet

internet Silver IL'ite

As every one suggested complain to the school principal..take your son along with you and show bruises..talk to the teacher as well and tell her that she has not right to beat him and she has to mend her ways..talk to other class teachers and let them know how their coworker is handling school children..

also keep looking for another good school..take suggestions from other school going parents/friends in your place for a good school and apply for ur son's admission..

1 person likes this.
  8. Kungumam

Kungumam Gold IL'ite

Shift son to some other school immediately.
    Talk to him in English he will slowly get the habit of replying in English. In the new school tell clearly that his conversation skills are not good.
    The only way to improve eng skills is by talking to him...
    Talk to I'm in eng... Say...
    iPod Nama paal kudukalaamaa .... Yes?
    He will also reply yes after few attempts...definitely...

3 people like this.
  9. Mumtotwo

Mumtotwo Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I feel very sorry for your son. I am not sure when this incident occurred but you need to report this matter to the school's principal and the KHDA (if the school is in Dubai) or to the Ministry of Education.

Your son seems to be deeply disturbed by what he experienced and he should not be sent back to the same class or school. Take care...

1 person likes this.
  10. renutn

renutn Gold IL'ite

hi confusedmon,

Apart from making complaint to principal ( I don't know the system in UAE) - if you want your child to be better then don't change frequently the schools. Since he has to get good education send to school where he has adjusted rather than forcing him.

1 person likes this.