Welcome Nov 2013 Moms :-)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by LLavanya, Mar 9, 2013.

1. rachit85

rachit85 New IL'ite

Thanks everyone.

Anyone attending any pregnancy classes? Any recommendation on when should it be taken. First trimester is too much nausea for me to do anything else :p

2. Kukudukuu

Kukudukuu Silver IL'ite

Hey Confused,

In my case, I do not have a CL itself..!! this is supposed to be very imp. till the placenta takes over.. so i'm on Susten-200 till completion of my 1st trimester. Doc says it is quite normal, but i'm still scared... major side-effect of this is I barely sleep for 3-4 hrs in 24hrs.. and this keeps me tired all thru the day...

Hi Rachit,

Am not attending any of those prenatal classes..I checked a few websites for prenatal yoga and found a few yogasanas and find them quite helpful..and walk for atleast half an hour a day.. total 1 hr of some kind of exercise will go a long way.. let me know if want the yogasanas, I can share it..

PS: I used to do yoga even before I conceived, so I am finding it easy to do. In case of people not used to doing yoga, it is advisable to not do it if not comfortable..

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  3. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

What is CL? Corpus Luteum? How can you not have a corpus luteum? As in, if that disintegrates early on, the body thinks that there is no pregnancy. How was your body sustaining the pregnancy before they found that out? Is it possible that they just didn't see it? Did they do a blood test for progesterone before putting you on the medication?

My progesterone is a suppository. It is to calm the uterus because blood is an irritant to it. So, it won't show up on blood tests.

I cannot wait to get back to swimming and long long walks. And long long brisk walks. I look like a beach whale already, I kid you not! From all the lying down. Repair yourself, placenta, repair yourself! One full term pregnancy earlier tends to make one become big quicker, I suppose, haha.

The product of that pregnancy is talking to herself and pretending that she is making others exercise with her :). A result of her daycare's exercise program and also Go Diego Go cartoon.

4. swapna9080

swapna9080 New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I am 8 weeks pregnant now, By mistake yesterday i had a chocolate bar which contains papaya chunks, now i am worried as what will happen...
    I want to know if any problem may come because of that..pls help i am very worried..

5. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

A piece of papaya won't harm you. With my daughter, I had no idea about sesame and flax potentially causing premature labour. I ate hummus and powdered flax a lot. My daughter arrived late, in fact.

Plus, it is only raw papaya that is considered bad, not ripe papaya. I would be surprised if those chunks are from raw papaya as I don't think raw papaya will go with chocolate.

6. Kukudukuu

Kukudukuu Silver IL'ite

Yes, it is the Corpus Luteum.. this gets degenerated after the placenta takes over. In my case, it got degenerated early on, by 8 weeks which should otherwise be 1st trimester. It was in the US scan that the doctor detected it. The functionality of CL is to generate progestron, which will not get generated internally in my case. So i'm now put on Susten which is a progestron supplement. Doc says this is very normal these days. Major reason for this degeneration is stress.. But I can only think of taking some extra care of myself till placenta is fully functional for now :)

7. Kukudukuu

Kukudukuu Silver IL'ite

Congrats on your pregnancy Swapna.. :)

I think the quantity of papaya in the chocolate bar would be too little to harm your little one.. dont worry too much, take care of yourself and avoid these food in the future.. Have a healthy and happy pregnancy :)

8. swapna9080

swapna9080 New IL'ite

Thank u so much..I was worried yest, frm next time i will be more cautious before having anything...
    Thanks gals...

9. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Things will go fine Rose! Relax! Take care dear!
    Hey H,
    Hope you are able to manage the troubles. Take some good care of yourself dear!
    How is Mala? Hope her birthday & other things went fine!

Congrats Swapna on your pregnancy. :)
    Eat healthy & stay healthy!
    Enjoy your pregnancy journey!
    Anything in moderation is always fine! Don't worry about papaya in the chocolate bar, it won't hurt you or your LO!

10. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

Vasu, her birthday is 2 weeks later. Madamaoiselle came very late but still tiny.

Yeah, trying to be careful but it is hard with a toddler. Well, to be fair, lying down is just very hard for me. I am cooking and doing dishes, but not every meal.

She just recovered from a bad cold (which she gave me too) barely 10 days ago and has another one, worse than the earlier one. Made her garlic rasam today. She wasn't too happy about the pepper rice that I made her eat. I started sipping ginger water. I do not want another cold. The last one lasted 2 weeks and went away only a week ago.