What do you buy for your family from singapore when you go back???

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Singapore' started by swaran, Apr 18, 2013.

1. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi All,

When you go back to india for a vacation,your family would be anxious to know whats inside your suitcase,i mean gifts :banana

I myself on the other hand,have no clue as what to get for them,more concerned about gifting elders

I am not planning to get expensive gifts(not because i dont want to but i cant) but yes i need to gift them the next time i go home...
    So what all gifts would you suggest...

i am away from my family for official purpose,so post some special gift ideas for my husband also please :)

PS::i am more puzzled to get gifts for my MIL,FIL and mother ...my MIL and mother never use the usual ladies items like perfumes/handbags/no modern dresses/cosmetics/trendy mobiles etc etc...so what can i gift them??

Waiting for your answers :)

2. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

hello ladies

i am still waiting for your answers :)

3. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Swarna,

Happy to know you are going back to meet your family soon :)

You can take a look at the 3 for 10$ shops in little india and china town, they have cute idols of ganesha and other gods and also a varity of laughing budha. of course there are multitude of other stuff, but since ur mil and mom or not big on ladies stuff, may be they might like something like this. For DH you can find watch, belts perfumes, DVD collection in mustafa or in many other mens outlets. if he likes books, you can go to popular or MPH or mustafa.

for young kids, you can get pencil cases, stationary sets, crayons, colouring books, water bottles, from places like Big Bookshop or other local shops in your area where it is not as expensive as popular or mustafa.

Hope this is of some help. if you are looking for anything in particular, do let me know.

Best!

4. IndianQueen

IndianQueen Silver IL'ite

I take a lot of chocolates, pick a lot of things from daizo, so many useful things there, perfumes from mustafa, must buy some cosmetics, good ones are hard to find in India , also buy handbags... Try to buy things not available in India...

5. IndianQueen

IndianQueen Silver IL'ite

Best things for husband are watch or IT related, may be phone, camera, look around in sales u get damn cheap ones too... Or even a watch, u get affordable ones in mustafa..

6. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

thanks akilamani...
    yeah i might meet them in another 1-2 months..lets see..not confirmed..
    i have checked the 3$ shops..lets see...
    i need something diffferent...idols both mil and mom and not completely into doing poojas on a regular basis...so need to think
    thanks anyways
    thanks IndianQueen

7. Sowmya2709

Sowmya2709 Platinum IL'ite

Sorry dear, since am not in Sg, cant help u in this thread.. But, If possible drop in Abu Dhabi and gift me something and then fly to India.. Hehehe.. :)

2 people like this.
  8. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Swaran

Buying chocolate for an already diabetic prone Indian elder citizens is not a good idea, lol.

One of my relative bought 'Singapore scent' and it was much talked about later.

If buying IT goods, better compare online Indian sites(like flipkart) so that you do not end up buying it expensive.

9. g3sudha

g3sudha IL Hall of Fame

Swaran

semi precious bead/stones bangles, necklace, sarees. handbags, showpieces, wall hangings, etc...

10. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

hahaha sure :)
    thanks for stepping in nemesis
    but singapore chocolates are something that are really famous...so that is something that cannot be avoided
    thanks g3sudha :)