1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fear Fun Filled Years

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Apr 9, 2008.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Those days were filled with fear but the longing was always there, nice boy friends going on a bike and so on, but my mother had beaten a line of stories that no other girl would even dream of having a guy for a boyfriend..

She had the usual story for all the generation that she has seen in teen that is me and my girls, a lady friend of hers went to her friends place in the after noon just to share some nice books to read, in those days they got married before they attained puberty and had to wait for puberty to go to husbands house and this lady was 18 and still never had her periods.. when she went to her friends place she saw the friends brother and three of his friends go down out of the house, so she went and sat down on the jhoola [oonjal] in those days it is a must in every home, and saw her friend was very happy to get some books and while she was browsing she saw her friend go down to get some water..

But in her place the guys came up and what took place next was something she never anticipated yes all the guys stripped up gagging her mouth and took photographs of her in the nude and all raped her, when she arrived home in the evening as she had fainted she never had any idea as to why her body was aching so badly, the thighs had swelled and too painful to move. Now the days that followed was even more harrowing each time she went for the bath in the river near by, these guys used to land up with the photographs taken and kept showing her and asking her to come again if not it would be exposed, this lead her to madness and later she never went to her husband’s house at all, she became mad totally and always with fear filled eyes kept looking this side and that side, would run to the river and stay there late into night and so on…
    Isn’t this enough for any teenage girl to be away from her friend’s place, so we avoided a lot of these friendships having this story in mind. My friend sagri had a habit of going away from the history class as she hated that subject and would ask me to give proxy for her, whenever I asked her what she did. She would drool over the excitement she had with her friend in the nandhi hills how they enjoyed and all those stuff which was alien to me, and she had all those contraceptive stuff in her hand bag and when I enquired about that she would call me the straight nose’d friend and say hey forget it, this is not for kid stuff like you and would never explain what it was.

By the time in our life we know how to handle situations all our innocent years have said a big bye bye and gone, now I wish I had these guts I would had handled that this way and so on, but no, does it ever come back, never I think no rewind of events once gone is gone, we think we could be smart handling it the way we feel is safe for us but parents always have our safety in mind…and we do appreciate that but still feel even the simple things of going to a movie or outing was a no no to my mind how else can I blame others..[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008

2. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear S,

Very true indeed..........these kind of fears just does not allow us to enjoy even the small things of life. Agreed safety is important but instead of total taboo, we can give guidelines to youngster when they are going out with friends. Becuase once these days are lost, we cannot get them back.

Same is the case with you & me...........I think you agree on this.

3. aquamarine

aquamarine Senior IL'ite

mom,

that was a horrible thing for patti to do to all of us.....remember we never went out anywhere...

love
    prido

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

hai baby,
    where r u i have not seen u for 4 days no nothing offline msg yennachu..mom

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

same is the case?? u need to explain da...i am tubelight..:ideaso am wondering pl do enlighten..sunkan

6. meera2503

meera2503 Senior IL'ite

Dear ma'm,

It is a very very tragic incident that you have quoted.What you have written is very true,

"By the time in our life we know how to handle situations all our innocent years have said a big bye bye and gone, now I wish I had these guts I would had handled that this way and so on, but no, does it ever come back, never I think no rewind of events once gone is gone"

There are many many children who lose everything due to such incidents.

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

very true meera,
    in our over protective atmosphere some time our elders say things which they are not aware going to scar the future of the child..sunkan

8. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear S,

This is what I meant with yours and my case............