1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Maine Pyaar Kiya

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Apr 7, 2008.

1. sowmyapbhat

sowmyapbhat Senior IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

Great blog, as always! I am a fan of old Hindi films, and I remember watching Rajshri's 'Piya Ka Ghar' some years back. What a movie! The nuances of middle-class life in the 70s, with several people, including newly-weds, living in a small house, excellently portrayed...such heartwarming movies are rare these days..

So also 'Chitchor' - Amol Palekar is absolutely the simplest hero one can imagine..I remember, I felt bad for the proposed husband in the movie! :-D Because he lost the girl for no fault of his!

Thanks for bringing up those memories,

Regards,
    Sowmya

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Soumya,

old memories are so sweet.For all of us really.Like u have have seen a lousy movie, but it could be the first movie u saw with yr fiance, and may hold special memory for u.Thats life.

I do miss those days,when the only means of entertainment were movies, and when there was nothing else to do really.I mean no internet, mobile, malls or imported stuff,just friends and movies eh !

Thanks fior yr nice comments.Regards.kamal

3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hello kamalji,

i too loved to watch rajshri movies at one time and infact enjoyed chitchor even recently....but no magic in their movies of recent..hum saath saath hein or vivah....wonderring whether i have finally grown up and realised that life cannot be that idealistic...

mindi

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Mindi,

Every movie is good for its generation.This was good for its own time.No romance is idealistic like maine pyar kiya, but we dont go to movies to watch reality do we ? We go there to forget our worldly worries for a few hours, so movies like this make u feel happy.

Regards.kamal

5. aquamarine

aquamarine Senior IL'ite

HI Kamalji,

Thanks for the info about the rajshree productions...i love all their movies and i think my mom and sis both would agree that i have bored them to tears by watching all their movies so many times i can hardly remember how many. a wonder trip in the memory lane

warm wishes,

aqua.

6. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello GOD
    please please
    just this once
    listen to me?
    dont shower
    all those huge
    denomin notes
    on kamalji
    lest he take
    a rest
    and stop blogging
    if you must
    go ahead and shower
    coins
    you see he likes
    the one side ones

ahaha
    great kamalji

sathya

7. meera2503

meera2503 Senior IL'ite

Kamalji,

I totally agree with Sowmya,Chitchor, Golmaal and other movies where my favourites.

They were simple movies by Rajshree they had no melodrama,unbelievable stunts or vulgarity in them. They were so believable and real,can sit and watch with family.

Also, Rajshree pictures usually had melodious songs with music directors like Ravindra Jain, Ram Laxman .

I can't remember any movie where Ravindra Jain has not given good music.His songs in Chitchor are melodious.

thanks to you for bringing up old films,

Best regards,

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Priya,

Your mom also said the same thing to me.But this movie is also my favourite like yours.good clean fun.Regards.kamal

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Satya,

Good God listened to u.Whole nights i have been waitign for the shower of rains to come, but none has come.so here i am blogging once again.HAHA.Thanks and regards.kamal

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meera,

Ravindra Jain was blind, and he had a favourite singer, i forget her name, she sang in most of his movies. Ram Teri Ganga Maili too had his music, as also Chor Machaye Shor.Brilliant fellow, down to earth.

and with so many old movies on Cable these days, can u blame me for writing more blogs as and when i see them.they bring back so many memories of those days.See i am 54, and in this case, i do remember of those days as i have been there, the gossip i heard then, the shootings i personally saw of s many movies,

i saw shooings of " Seeta Aur Geeta" on Worli Sea Face where we used to stay,Raja Rani, the Rajesh Khanna Sharmila starrer, and so many more, aha Mukadar ka Sikander, AB and VK on the mobike and there were so many retakes really it got me bored.HAHA.

Regards.kamal