RamNavmi :: 19th Apr '13 (Fri) :: One Day Saisatcharitra Parayan, Chapters Allotted

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by Saisakthi, Mar 10, 2013.

One Day Saisatcharitra Parayan 19th Apr - Ramnavmi

Poll closed Apr 9, 2013.
  1. Interested

56 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Not Interested

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Onesweetlife

Onesweetlife Gold IL'ite

Re: RamNavmi :: 19th Apr '13 (Fri) :: One Day Saisatcharitra Parayan, Chapters Allott

Dear Sai sakthi sister

Thanks for allocating additional chapters 48&49.

I hereby confirm that parayanam of chapters, 48,49,50 and epilogue will be done tomorrow on 19th, april.

I shall confirm the same post parayanam.

Thanking Sairam for the divine opportunity.

-Sweetlife

2. priyashrvan

priyashrvan Senior IL'ite

Re: RamNavmi :: 19th Apr '13 (Fri) :: One Day Saisatcharitra Parayan, Chapters Allott

Dear Saisakthi sister,
    I would like to confirm that i will read additional chapters 31,32 along with the chapters 3,4 on Ramnavami day..
    Thanks for allocating the additional chapters :)

Om Sairam

3. bhuvisrini

bhuvisrini Gold IL'ite

Belated Wedding Anniversary Wishes Sister :)

4. itsmebhagi

itsmebhagi IL Hall of Fame

Ramnavami

[JUSTIFY]In 1897, Gopalrao Gund proposed holding an urs in Shirdi as an expression of his gratitude to Baba for having been granted the birth of a son after many childless years. Baba gave his permission for the celebration and fixed the day for Ramnavami. This was an ingenious touch of Baba's. Urs is a Muslim festival honouring a Muslim saint (usually one who has passed away); by holding the urs on the day of a Hindu festival, the two communities were brought closer together in a natural yet remarkable way. The festival gradually grew in importance and in 1912 some devotees asked Baba if they could celebrate Ramnavami, since it fell on the same day (Ramnavami is the anniversary of Lord Rama's birth). Baba agreed and the festival was held in grand style. From that day, says the Sri Sai Satcharitra, "the urs was transformed into the Ramnavami festival".

In Shirdi, two locally historic rituals are carried out during this festival: the sack of wheat that is kept in Dwarkamai is changed and the old one taken to Prasadalaya to be used there, and secondly, the Dwarkamai flags are replaced. When the urs was first celebrated, Gopalrao Gund prevailed upon

his friend to supply a flag for the procession. This was Damu Anna Rasne of Ahmednagar who had similarly been blessed by Sai Baba with sons, having come to Baba for this purpose on the recommendation of Shama's father-in-law. In addition, Gund asked Nanasaheb Nimonkar to supply a second flag with embroidery. This was also done and both flags (described as "huge" by M. W. Pradhan, who saw them) were taken in procession through the village and fixed at the two corners of the mosque. Descendants of these two devotees continue this tradition and flags are brought and offered at Baba's samadhi before being taken on a grand procession. The procession begins - as it did in Baba's time - at the house of the three carpenters who did the bulk of the repair work on the mosque (Tukaram, Gabaji and Kondaji, the first of whom personally served Baba for several years). In the evening, the descendants of Abdul Baba perform a traditional "sandal procession", finishing at Dwarkamai and applying the sandalwood paste to the nimbar there.
    [/JUSTIFY]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ramnavami Celebrations at Mylapore temple today

18042013411.jpg

18042013410.jpg

Happy Ramnavami Parayan!! :)

May Baba bless each one of you with good health, peace and happiness...

|| Om Sai Ram ||

14 people like this.
  5. meenu81

meenu81 Bronze IL'ite

Dear sister

Went on official trip sorry for confirming at the last moment as you mentioned i'll read Chap 35 and 36 Please confirm

Eagerly waiting for your confirmation.

Regards
    Meenu81

1 person likes this.
  6. meenueash

meenueash Platinum IL'ite

SAIRAM,

sakthi sister,

i would love to read additional chapter along with my alloted chapter 41 and 42.let me know any additional chapters left

om sainathaya namagha

7. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

OM SAI SRI SAI JAYA JAYA SAI

ONE DAY RAMNAVMI SAISATCHARITRA PARAYAN on 19th APR (Fri)

Attached Files:

8 people like this.
  8. mathiravi

mathiravi Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

dear Sai sakthi ji,

Thanks for the wonderful opportunity.. I will be reading chapter 48 and 49 for the Sri rama navami Parayan poojas tomorrow!!

9. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saisakthi Sister,

Om Sai Ram.

SAI RAM-SAI RAM.jpg

Happy Ram Navami to you all.

Today's Ram Navami Pooja was so divine and different with the Parayan of the Shri Sai Satcharita- Ch:1 & 2.

We got up at 5.30 AM and made the preparations, started the Pooja at 7AM, and the Parayan and Kakad Arthi were finished by 8 Am. I was completely filled with happiness and a feeling of fulfillment.

I also prayed specially for all TTC Sisters along with all members of IL family. I specially remembered you and your Dh for all your efforts during my prayers.

Thanks to Baba for giving me this opportunity through you.

May Baba bless us all always.

"Hey Ram Hey Ram" - Lord Rama Prayer - YouTube

Om Shri Sai Vasudevaya Namaha- Humble salutation to Him who is the embodiment of Lord Vasudeva or Lord Krishna.

8 people like this.
  10. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sai lites

I have confirmed that reading chap 5 & 6 ........it was really blessing to read the sai stories --about ramnavami chapter on ram navami :).....................